DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a set of Tweeters to match my Mids. Here is the link to my mids:
SEAS Prestige U16RCY/P (H1520-08), 5" Woofer, Woven Poly Cone: Madisound Speaker Store

(I am leaning towards the poly woven cones vs the Seas Prestige L15's with teh aluminum cone)

This set up will be 2 way active. Tweets will be positioned in A-Pillars either on or off axis. Diameter is no issue.

Amplifier: I will choose amplifier according to my mids and tweets:)

I was thinkin of the Scanspeak HDS tweets or Hiquphons. Suggestions?

I prefer Soft Domes also.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Those will work with pretty much whatever tweeter. HDS is Peerless which was related to Scanspeak but no longer. Peerless HDS tweeters are great but big. Basically all Scanspeak tweeters are great. Seas has a lot of good tweeters, too. Perhaps the Seas Neo would work for you. That's what I use.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thankyou dragon rage. LOL you wouldn't happen to have a "yahooanswers" account would ya. I remember that name being a top contributor.

How do you think going active with these raw drivers woould compare to my DLS ultimates?

Any compare drivers from DLS to drivers from Seas, from any of the Series or lines for either company.?

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
I do not have a yahooanswers account, no. That was apparently someone else.

I have never heard DLS speakers so I don't know but I have read that they are laid back in a way that sounds bad to me. I can tell you that Seas drivers are some of the best in the world. I do like Scanspeak more, but barely...

Edit to note: I'm not trying to steer you away (or toward) DLS with what I said there. I really don't know. I'd like to hear them personally but I won't be buying them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts