DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I was here a few months ago because my Ford Explorer Stock head unit stopped playing. Jumped on this forum and decided to upgrade. The tweeters don't seem to be playing much, if anything. When I put on classical music, it's pretty much just the 5.25 components handling it all. I even tried +3db on the passive crossover for the tweeters on the right door.

Here's the equipment:
HU- Dual XHD7714
Amp- Arc Audio FD4150
Front speakers- Rainbow CS230 Contour 5.25 components/cal25 with passive crossovers
Rear speakers- Kicker KS68

I have the crossovers set to stereo on front and rear, 4 channel. Gain set slightly more sensitive on the front over the rears. Freq at 80hz front and 55 hz rear. 12db and Freq range x1. Bass boost turned all the way down.

Pics:

·
Registered
398 Posts
Are you sure tweeters are working?

plug the tweet straight to the input. i.e take the crossover out of the equation. Just make sure you dont turn up the radio blaring

·
Registered
14 Posts
Instead of taking a chance and blowing your tweets by bypassing your crossover, try a AA battery and touch the + & - just for a second. Listen for a little bit of static. If you have another set of components, you could use that crossover to test with. Good luck!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts