DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally finished my a-pillars. There is alot more than meets the eye here. I didn't have a flat spot to mount the tweeter so I had to cut out part of the pillar, fill the area with a piece of 1/4" abs, re-shape it, then texture and paint. BTW, the SEM texture spray and their color coat are awesome products. Their are a few areas that I should have built up and sanded some more but overall I think they came out rather well.

Rick

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments guys!

I tried them all over in the dash area, and this was the best compromise between sound/permanent modifications.

Rick

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep, I painted the grills, and yep, no fiberglass. Just a little body filler. Really wasn't that difficult, and I had plenty of room behind the panel.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
pull it off maybe???

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The grill does come off. I (very carefully) used a pick to pry the grill off. And you don't have to glue it back on either - the neo motor keeps it attached rather well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Glad I found this thread. Even though its a bit old, its just what I was looking for. I have an 06 STI and am trying to figure out the best way to mount tweeters in the A pillars. I love the descrete look. Did you take any more picks during the fabrication stage? Just trying to figure out how much to cut and where.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts