DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is a 3-way SQ build. For the tweeter, my goal is to find something that would fit in the stock location either in the existing mounting hole or surface mounted. I have a max of 56MM overall diameter for the mounting area and a 45mm opening when the stock tweeter is removed. I do not have access to the underneath of the dash without removing it, which I'm unwilling to do. Nor do I want to cut up my dash.

After a lot of research, I think I've settled on either the Scan D2004/6020-00 or the AD T100 tweeters. I probably haven't reviewed every possible tweeter, so if there is another one that fits my criteria and should be in the mix I'd be interested to consider them as well.

Which tweeters do you think would be best in the stock corner dash location? The stock tweeters in the corners don't fire straight up into the windshield, they are tilted toward the cabin 15-25 degrees from horizontal.

The scans would fit in the existing hole and the AD's would be surface mounted on top of the stock tweeters (that would be disconnected). So both options would be at the same stock angle.

·
Premium Member
8,830 Posts
Not that FR graphs tell us everything, but here is the D2004 (ON, 30, 60) vs the T100 (ON).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for this. I was leaning toward those scans.

However, then I found a deal on a completely different tweeter than these two that also fit my sizing requirements, Morel MT350's. From everything I've read I won't be disappointed. But if I am, I'll probably try those Scans.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts