DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!
As mentioned in the title, I want to change the actual tweeters from the car because they started to sound like scratched vinyl, when I go over 50% sound volume.
What are your recommendations?
Should I change only the tweeters or should I do more modifications?
I saw that there are other topics, but those are quite old and I couldn’t find exactly what I wanted.
Besides the Helix Subwoofer, everything is stock!
I have posted some info regarding the Helix Subwoofer

I went to a guy's shop and explained to him what I have now and the told me the followings:
  • change front tweeters and speakers with something from Hertz
  • get an amplifier
  • remake the wiring to separate the speakers from the subwoofer, meaning to have the front speakers wired to the amplifier, rear speakers to be stock without any amplification, and the subwoofer to stay as it is now.
What do you recommend?
Font Screenshot Circle Web page Brand

· Registered
56 Posts
Sounds to me like your tweeters are bad. Are you still under warranty? If so have them replace with stock ones. If not, you can splice in any set of tweeters to the factory wires as long as you are happy with how everything else sounds from factory.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds to me like your tweeters are bad. Are you still under warranty? If so have them replace with stock ones. If not, you can splice in any set of tweeters to the factory wires as long as you are happy with how everything else sounds from factory.
The car is a 2013 model, so no warranty :(
I was thinking of an upgrade, as the front tweeters need to be replaced, but I don't know what to choose.

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
With the stock system you could definitely upgrade to any component speakers you want really. But for a tighter budget like you have, you are going to want something that just drops in without extra wiring, amps, etc. I would go with these:
Focal IS 165VW
ok then, thank you for the feedback 🤗
If somebody has another recommendation, feel free to post

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.