DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As many of you know; I'm a sucker for swapping gear... especially amplifiers. Today, I spent some money...
But this time; I may have hit my 'audio Xanadu'. I decided to go ahead and get what I've alway coveted.

(scroll to the bottom of Page 2 for the installed pics)

Brown Rectangle Material property Beige Tints and shades

Rectangle Font Wood Handwriting Box

Rectangle Gas Composite material Gadget Bumper

Rectangle Wood Font Gas Electronic device

The build quality on these is second-to-none... I knew Brax was solid; but these are next-level quality:
Circuit component Audio equipment Computer hardware Electronic instrument Electronic engineering

Passive circuit component Circuit component Hardware programmer Audio equipment Electronic engineering

Circuit component Passive circuit component Hardware programmer Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Circuit component Hardware programmer Font Electronic component Audio equipment

Drum Musical instrument Eyewear Electronic instrument Audio equipment

Even the nameplate is a solid heavy chunk of brass:

Finger Font Nickel Thumb Metal

Look for an update to the Audi RS5 build log, in the next week or so...

·
Registered
2007 Chevy Tahoe LTZ
216 Posts
Gorgeous! I love that they rate them Long & Short. I'm a long time believer that wattage shouldn't be the determining factor when purchasing.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jesus I almost had to excuse myself to the restroom after looking at all that amp pron. Never seen anything like that before.

·
Registered
639 Posts
I'm sure there won't be any confirmation bias when you tell us they are the best sounding amps you have ever heard ! 😄

·
Registered
1,615 Posts
I just bought one of my grail amps…now I guess I gotta buy 2 more so everything matches. Sometimes I hate this hobby. lol

Reactions: mumbles

·
Registered
704 Posts
Jesus I almost had to excuse myself to the restroom after looking at all that amp pron. Never seen anything like that before.
I’ll save you a trip to the AF website:

Features
  • Low connection resistance due to solid gold-plated terminals for power cables up to 50 mm²/ gauge 1 and speaker cables up to 6 mm²/ gauge 6
  • Separate terminal to connect a BRAX IPC directly to the switching transistors
  • Signal inputs with high-end signal capacitors for a perfect and pure sound quality
  • Each amplifier is available in black or silver finish either with a short or extended heatsink
  • Especially developed transformers with high-efficient core materials guarantee a total output power of more than 1,000 Watts
  • Solid heatsink made of special aluminium alloy for a perfect cooling of the transistors in the power supply and output stage
  • 32 hand-selected high-end MOSFET transistors for brilliant sound
  • The level controls for the input sensitivity adjustment are placed under the name plate, thus the amplifier has a clean and puristic design
  • Adjustment range 1.0 V to 8.0 V
  • Handcrafted in Germany
Technical data
Output power RMS
- @ 4 Ohms4 x 150 Watts
- @ 2 Ohms4 x 240 Watts
- @ 1 Ohm-
- bridged @ 4 Ohms2 x 480 Watts
- bridged @ 2 Ohms-
Amplifier technologyClass AB
Inputs4 x Cinch
1 x Remote In
Input sensitivityRCA / Cinch 1.0 - 8.0 Volts
Input impedance RCA / Cinch10 kOhms
Input impedance highlevel-
Outputs4 x Speaker output
Output voltage RCA / Cinch-
Signal converter for digital input-
Frequency response10 Hz - 80 kHz
Bass boost-
Highpass-
Lowpass-
Bandpass-
Subsonic-
Phase-
Slope high- / lowpass-
Slope subsonic / lowpass-
Signal-to-noise ratio digital input-
Signal-to-noise ratio analog input> 120 dB (A-weighted)
Distortion (THD)< 0.0008 %
Damping factor> 1000
Operating voltage9 - 16 Volts (max. 5 sec. down to 6 Volts)
Idle current3.5 A
Fuse4 x 30 A LP-Mini-fuse (APS)
Additional featuresColour Protection System, BRAX Power Stabilizer connector, Start-Stop capability
Dimensions (H x W x D)Heatsink „Short“: 53 x 237.5 x 433 mm /
2.09 x 9.35 x 17.05"
Heatsink „Long“: 53 x 237.5 x 473 mm /
2.09 x 9.35 x 18.62"
Net weightHeatsink „Short“: 8.2 kg
Heatsink „Long“: 8.6 kg

·
Registered
704 Posts
I'm sure there won't be any confirmation bias when you tell us they are the best sounding amps you have ever heard ! 😄
I’m sure he’ll be objective enough to do a double blind abx.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Very nice! Congrats with your new amps!

Brand new? I see they have consecutive serial numbers :)

·
Registered
2,018 Posts
This just keeps getting better. You still giving your son this RS5 with Brax amps, Audison Thesis and Dyn Esotar's? And I was happy with my sparkomatic system.

·
Super Moderator
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This just keeps getting better. You still giving your son this RS5 with Brax amps, Audison Thesis and Dyn Esotar's?
Yes, that's the plan...
I've ordered a Porsche 911 GTS. But it's going to be a 15 month delivery time for that vehicle.
So, I need to enjoy the Audi for the next year and a half. Then the kid can have it.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Yes, brand new. With consecutive Serial Numbers. 1349 & 1350.
These are some pretty exclusive amps, not only in build but also in numbers. In average just over 200 built each year then since they were introduced in 2015.

·
Super Moderator
1,266 Posts
They look beautiful....!

Are they (eventually) going into the Porsche?

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
you will love the porsche, wonderful cars. we are about to redo my turbo s

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
As many of you know; I'm a sucker for swapping gear... especially amplifiers. Today, I spent some money...
But this time; I may have hit my 'audio Xanadu'. I decided to go ahead and get what I've alway coveted.

View attachment 321780

View attachment 321779

View attachment 321781

View attachment 321785

The build quality on these is second-to-none... I knew Brax was solid; but these are next-level quality:
View attachment 321786

View attachment 321787

View attachment 321782

View attachment 321783

View attachment 321784

Even the nameplate is a solid heavy chunk of brass:

View attachment 321789

Look for an update to the Audi RS5 build log, in the next week or so...

Wow, I really admire the engineering that went into these amplifiers. They really pull out all the stops.. there are very few companies that can produce car audio items of this quality. Every time I learn more about their production and design process, I am even more amazed than i was previously.

If you watch the Audiotech Fischer youtube channel there are some videos of Heinz Fischer describing some of the production processes. I guess they have hundreds of different bins that they separate the mosfet transistors into. (Since each mosfet transistor can have slightly different specs while still being within production tolerance). They hand test each individual mosfet, and then assemble each amplifier with close to perfectly matched parts.

Honestly I know there is a MX4 and MX4 pro.. but these are so insanely nice, and over engineered it's hard to really call these not as nice as the higher up ones. I would say they are both equally nice, but different in their own ways.

·
Super Moderator
2,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I haven't even powered them up... and I can already tell you that they are the best sounding amps I've ever heard!

All kidding aside;
I fully expect them to be nice sounding amps. Will they be the best I've ever heard? Who knows? Probably. But it's subjective.
I know one thing for sure; my current system is rather high-end, with the exception of the Class D Audison amps...

My current Audison amps are far from crappy sounding... they're actually really nice. Almost clinical.
I thought I would be OK with Class D. I had convinced myself that I wouldn't notice a difference. But I can...
I just prefer a warmer Class A/B sound.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts