DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Honestly I know there is a MX4 and MX4 pro.. but these are so insanely nice, and over engineered it's hard to really call these not as nice as the higher up ones. I would say they are both equally nice, but different in their own ways.
The MX4-PRO is the flagship Brax amp. On paper; it is superior to the GX.
The MX is also twice the price of the GX... and trust me, the GX amps weren't cheap.

In real-life listening... it'd be interesting to see if you could hear an improvement.
Definitely won't sound twice as good. But that's not necessarily what you're paying for.

From what I understand; the GX amps have a warmer sound than the MX... which is what I'm looking for.

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Electronics are too pretty to put the covers back on. But the covers and name plate are sick too
Ya, the build quality is outrageous...
I've seen installs, where guys have mounted them upside-down, and put a plexiglass cover on the bottom, to show-off the guts.
Not what I would do... but hey, I can see why they'd do it!

Even the gain knobs are metal. They are underneather the brass nameplate. No reason to make those fancy... but Brax does.
Gas Font Machine Auto part Vehicle

·
Registered
109 Posts
My truck is currently in the shop getting fitted with Brax amps, including a pair of GX2000 amps.
Let’s just say I love these Brax amps.👀

Automotive design Gadget Rectangle Office equipment Technology
Product Wood Rectangle Font Shipping box

·
Super Moderator
2,341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Wow... that's a lot of Brax amps, and a DSP. Even a couple old-school NOX4's in there... Are they all yours?

I love how they also come with an 8 page birth sheet, showing testing of everything you could possibly imagine.
And a pile of stuff you couldn't possibly imagine... I have no idea what half of that testing reveals.
But it's cool, and I'm glad they do it!

·
Registered
109 Posts
Wow... that's a lot of Brax amps, and a DSP. Even a couple old-school NOX4's in there... Are they all yours?

I love how they also come with an 8 page birth sheet, showing testing of everything you could possibly imagine.
And a pile of stuff you couldn't possibly imagine... I have no idea what half of that testing reveals.
But it's cool, and I'm glad they do it!
Yeah, they are all part of my stash. I listened to an MX4 on some Dyn Esotars and I was hooked. I believe they come with a lifetime warranty too. Good stuff, you’ll love your amps!

Reactions: 619Tundra

·
Registered
791 Posts
A good podcast about Brax, both history, engineering and build philosophy:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Ya, the build quality is outrageous...
I've seen installs, where guys have mounted them upside-down, and put a plexiglass cover on the bottom, to show-off the guts.
Not what I would do... but hey, I can see why they'd do it!

Even the gain knobs are metal. They are underneather the brass nameplate. No reason to make those fancy... but Brax does.
View attachment 321810
Did you snatched these up from Amp Guru? I wanted these amps.

·
Registered
2019 Subaru WRX Base 6-speed
703 Posts
According to the podcast the lifetime warranty is for the original buyer. Also they mention that if a Brax component had to go on for repairs they would update it to the latest version at no charge. That is amazing support and a great example of standing behind your product. Yes you are paying for it but you will also get what you paid for. Drooling over here, love my Helix but that's just another level! Congrats and happy listening!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
According to the podcast the lifetime warranty is for the original buyer. Also they mention that if a Brax component had to go on for repairs they would update it to the latest version at no charge. That is amazing support and a great example of standing behind your product. Yes you are paying for it but you will also get what you paid for. Drooling over here, love my Helix but that's just another level! Congrats and happy listening!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
Well Jimmydee better name his kid jimmydee then the kid can utilize the "lifetime" warranty.. LOL - those amps will certainly last more than one lifetime.. not even kidding people always talk about recapping old equipment, which is a thing.. but normally reserved to cheaper caps or ones stored improperly... but quality electrolytics will last a very long time. I've pulled some nichicons out of an old soundstream that were almost 30 years old that tested perfectly..

Not alot of people know this, but Heinz Fischer was also a founder of a highly regarded capacitor company that makes capacitors in Germany and Switzerland... alot of the caps in the Brax products (and some helix also) are made by their capacitor company FTCAP (Fischer & Tausche Capacitor)

Product Font Screenshot Adaptation Technology

·
Registered
791 Posts
I've heard about Brax for 25+ years, but it was not until recently I found out the origin of the name of the brand. It was going to be called Abraxas, after the Santana album, but for eventual copyright reasons only the middle part was chosen :)

Font Art Publication Advertising Poster

21 - 40 of 47 Posts