DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 146 Posts

· Registered
76 Posts
I would like to make a request. These are mid bass 6 1/2" driver's from parts express that are $6ea. From the hundreds of reviews lots of people seem to like em. Here are the specs. I have them in my doors for temporary replacements and they kick ass! Here's the link and specs.

Font Number Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

Font Number Parallel Rectangle Screenshot

· Registered
76 Posts
Good news, it looks like the drivers tab in BassBox Pro is working again. I bet it fixed itself during one of the Windows 10 updates. If it stays that way then I should be able to find the time to run some more models over the next few weeks. More to come and sorry for the long delay. Its been a crazy year for me.
Thanks for the update and for everything you're doing man. Looking forward to it.

· Registered
76 Posts
Hey I'm looking for budget bangers for a friend. In what way do these "kick ass"? Are you using them in a 3 way configuration?

For the price of them and what they can do, they are definitely worth it. I am actually running them 2 way passive unfortunately at the moment. They actually are real punchy and you will definitely need to sound treat the doors. They lack a bit of depth but I'm sure with some EQ they can sound even better. They sound really good compared to entry level driver's to some brands. If you are in a extreme tight budget I will definitely buy these.

· Registered
76 Posts
I can jump in here too. I installed these in the doors of my wife's sequoia to replace the old rotten JBL 7" woofers.

The $6 specials are GREAT in this application. They sound great and have surprising ability to play low. I have them high passed at 40Hz, 12db and they play nice and loud.
I'm glad you also like them!! I actually swapped them out for the Dayton Audio DC160-8 6-1/2" Classic Woofer at $29.98ea. The Dayton sound a bit more dynamic than the $6 specials. I may put the $6 Woofers on my rear doors for my rear fill. I love the $6 specials and I will recommend them to everyone. It's just Im looking for a smoother response and from the graph of those Dayton I mentioned is what made me put them on and I'm not disappointed.

1 - 4 of 146 Posts