DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm working on a classic truck half cab installation project. The original vehicle only had an in dash 3 x 5 single speaker. Yes, just one tiny little bitty speaker for the entire cab. Oh, and it sounded like crap. Anyway, there is no way to put speakers in the doors or in the cab itself. The truck is super tiny. The door hardware takes up the entire rear kick panel area.

Here is my issue, ....I'm going to put a ATV sound bar (18") hanging from under the dash. I found a great quality sound bar that has a female OUTPUT 3.5mm jack. Ideally, I'd like to add an under seat subwoofer (8") to the soundbar for a little more ooomph. I reached out to the company and their phone person said that I could split the 3.5mm female jack with a 3.5mm male jack that then splits to two 1/4" male jacks to make the connection to the subwoofer.

Would there be any issues? Thoughts? Supposedly, the phone person reached out to their tech guys/gals, and they said it could be done. However, I thought I'd double check before I started ordering the subwoofer. I know this is not ideal, but there are really no other options for adding speakers or a subwoofer. Building a small box at best I could add two 6x9s.

Thank you in advance,

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Most classic cars/trucks I've seen put speakers in the kick panels, but if that is not an option... Could you build a center console and put speakers in it?
Sadly, building a box between the seats or under the dash isn't an option too. It's a small 1st gen bronco, and under the dash is the transfer case shifter. These things were not made with music in mind. Ugh.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.