DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

81 - 100 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
242 Posts
Well, for those that don't know I finished 3rd in MECA Street. My car is not glamorous does not have no real pretty trunk installation but it doesn't sound to bad. I am thinking in the future I may be getting asked for more demos.

·
Registered
539 Posts
What car was yours? I finished 3rd in the 2x extreme class, you had to see me, it was the blue Prius I was putting together at the show cuz I didn’t plan on going since the car wasn’t ready but said give it a try, judging was supposed to be on Sunday so I thought I had time Saturday to finish and tune when Kyle ragsdale walked up and ask if I was ready and I said not till Sunday for judging and he said nope I have to finish now and gave me about half an hour . When he came back I was level matching and fine tuning the time alignment and he said “it’s now or never” so I let him jump in and at the announcements I wasn’t even thinking about even making the top 5 till they called my name, everybody that was around my car while I was working on it was shocked, I couldn’t believe I managed to pull off a 81on a unfinished tune. So on Sunday morning I asked Kyle to go listen to the car and give his thoughts and he said all it needs is more sub bass and minor fine tuning, same feedback from mike young and two other judges. Overall it was a blast though, I demo so many cars that in the end bill call me like 3 times to listen to his truck but my ears was shot at that time.

·
18,499 Posts
FWIW, there's been a lot of photos from Finals posted on the Strictly Sound Quality Facebook page. If you guys want to check them out but are anti-social media, just make a dummy account and go join the group, look at the photos, then delete the account. Easy peasy.

·
18,499 Posts
What car was yours? I finished 3rd in the 2x extreme class, you had to see me, it was the blue Prius I was putting together at the show cuz I didn’t plan on going since the car wasn’t ready but said give it a try, judging was supposed to be on Sunday so I thought I had time Saturday to finish and tune when Kyle ragsdale walked up and ask if I was ready and I said not till Sunday for judging and he said nope I have to finish now and gave me about half an hour . When he came back I was level matching and fine tuning the time alignment and he said “it’s now or never” so I let him jump in and at the announcements I wasn’t even thinking about even making the top 5 till they called my name, everybody that was around my car while I was working on it was shocked, I couldn’t believe I managed to pull off a 81on a unfinished tune. So on Sunday morning I asked Kyle to go listen to the car and give his thoughts and he said all it needs is more sub bass and minor fine tuning, same feedback from mike young and two other judges. Overall it was a blast though, I demo so many cars that in the end bill call me like 3 times to listen to his truck but my ears was shot at that time.

I never got a chance to demo your car. But it was great meeting you and hanging out with you a bit. You're a good dude. Congrats on your placings! Hope to see you again in the future.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Congratulations on the great finish. I wish I would have gotten a demo from you. I was parked beside you all weekend in the white 4Runner.

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Congratulations on the great finish. I wish I would have gotten a demo from you. I was parked beside you all weekend in the white 4Runner.
Bruce how could you he was in that car the entire weekend with the laptop and mic connected to him I think...LOL jk well sort of.... it wasnt the entire time just 75 % ;)

For anyone that doesnt know he is just an all around great guy but also a perfectionist with relentless drive so he was very busy making sure to present a great sounding car after the long trip from ny...I'm happy to call him a friend, one of the many I've met through car audio and going to shows.

Look out not only for his car to place well in the lanes next year but also his install skills to be put on full display because he is the same in that area as well.

Great job at your first finals brother...there are good things ahead for you :cool:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks guys, it was great meeting you too Erin and lowcel, now I know who lowcel is, you guys cars sounds amazing, lowcel’s car almost gave me a seizure with that fireworks track and Erin’s has that stage width that has me relistening to tracks to confirm that I’m hearing the actual music and not something outside of the car, also I pray that everybody make it home safely as some people are still driving back home. Als big shoutout to Christopher “Toronto Chris” who came all the way from Toronto just to demo finals cars, thanks for your feedback and I hope to see you at a get together or meet in the future.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Thanks josh,I’m touched by your comments and I appreciate you, nick, Leonard, Ron and everybody that shows that genuine love,respect and knowledge to a sq newb, everybody knows that Jamaican men doesn’t show love for other men lol but I had to give each of you guy a hug and remind you how much i appreciate you guys.

81 - 100 of 120 Posts