DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Super Moderator
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I will be doing my best to keep this sub-forum organized going forward. Any upcoming events being discussed will be stickied until after the event. I'd also like to have a way to follow DIYMA members and their successes competing this year. My plan is to create a new thread where everyone can introduce themselves and make note of the organizations and classes they compete in. We can use this thread to track where everyone will be week to week. As the year progresses, we can update the new thread with results from the competitions.

I've only competed one year (2019), in MECA, but very much enjoyed it. I'm all in this year to get out there and see what everyone else has to offer. My new build should be completed sometime in early February and my first planned event is a 3x MECA competition starting 03/18 in KY (national Corvette Museum). This gives me about a month to get everything dialed in before unveiling the new truck to the world. I believe the following weekend I'll be in Lawton, OK at USACI finals. I will definitely make SVR and Aggieland this year also.

As I've stated before, car audio is my only true passion in life these days (the powers that be won't allow me wage war anymore). I desire to experience everything this hobby has to offer and hopefully make a lot of great new friends along the way! Maybe, with a little luck, we can recultivate the competition culture that once flourished on DIYMA and have a positive influence on the competition landscape in general.

Let me know what you think and feel free to offer up any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Brian

· Registered
987 Posts

· Registered
1,024 Posts
I like the idea. The main event I attend is SVR. I went the last two years and it was fantastic. I like bigger shows like this where there is a lot of competition and a lot of cars to look at and listen to. The events around my hometown are much smaller and thrown in with SPL. Tony Horton is one of the main judges in my area and he always give me good feedback and ideas and tricks without actually telling me what or how to fix it. I don't mind being the only one in my class sometimes because of the great feedback that he gives. I would like to attend more 3x shows and wouldn't mind traveling a little. How would you feel about posting score sheets?

· Premium Member
1,009 Posts
I Googled the MECA's in Bay City, Michigan because it's like a half-hour away, looks like it's at some dude's house. The others are over by Chicago, that is at a tinting shop with limited space, they must be small events... maybe I'd have a chance. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
i lived in the detroit area until like 2014, there definitely wasn't anything going on around there. closest was in ohio or grand rapids.

that said, keep an eye out for events in ohio. also if you know a local retailer interested in hosting a show, reach out to the various sanctioning bodies.

· Registered
626 Posts
I love living in Maine...............🙃
FFFUUUUUU-----KKK Maryland. It puts me in close proximity to a great group of guys but uhhh.....i hate this state. That being said Rick...I'd take Maine with your truck over Maryland with my car lol.

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,348 Posts
I Googled the MECA's in Bay City, Michigan because it's like a half-hour away, looks like it's at some dude's house. The others are over by Chicago, that is at a tinting shop with limited space, they must be small events... maybe I'd have a chance. :unsure: :ROFLMAO:
Tint shop, sounds familiar. I look at these more as participation awards 😆 . It wasn’t a huge event but an ideal size for my first time attending a show & competing. I had a good time meeting other people and learning how this works. I would say there was between 15-20 cars.

Handwriting Road surface Motor vehicle Font Asphalt

Reactions: OzAudioGmc

· Registered
987 Posts
Tint shop, sounds familiar. I look at these more as participation awards 😆 . It wasn’t a huge event but an ideal size for my first time attending a show & competing. I had a good time meeting other people and learning how this works. I would say there was between 15-20 cars.
Yup, that's the place, in Niles, MI. I'd rather meet up with people first and get some tuning tips on my car since I have no baseline to start from other than what I like. That's why I'm thinking of going with Dirac Live so at least it's 80-90% out of the box. Maybe I'll head to one of the Bay City events as a spectator and see if I can get some seat time and advise there. Again, I'm planning on doing more to the car this year than I had originally thought I was going to do. 😬

· Registered
2016 Gmc Sierra SLT
205 Posts
Chris, you did great for your first show and only about 2 hours worth of tuning. You got great feedback from solid judges. Your next setup will be something to witness!

Reactions: clange2485

· Registered
2017 GMC Sierra 1500 Denali
2,348 Posts
Chris, you did great for your first show and only about 2 hours worth of tuning. You got great feedback from solid judges. Your next setup will be something to witness!
Thanks Brian, I wouldn’t have gotten this far without your help. Look forward to getting it done and seeing how it goes this year.

Reactions: OzAudioGmc

· Registered
2016 Gmc Sierra SLT
205 Posts
Thanks Brian, I wouldn’t have gotten this far without your help. Look forward to getting it done and seeing how it goes this year.
That is what friends are for! You put lots of time and effort into everything you do, don't sell yourself short! You will do great this year!

• Love
Reactions: clange2485
1 - 17 of 17 Posts