DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys!
I am actually running a pair of Illusion C3CX, and I'm pretty much happy with them.
But I like try and test always new things. Wondering if a separate components could be an upgrade, a downgrade, or pretty much the same.
I know tuning is all that matters, but assuming the tuning is correct, I was looking into a scan-speak separate mid+tw (10F/4424G+R3004/6020-00), I always considered scans gerat quality components.
What do you think?

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
Hey guys!

I am actually running a pair of Illusion C3CX, and I'm pretty much happy with them.

But I like try and test always new things. Wondering if a separate components could be an upgrade, a downgrade, or pretty much the same.

I know tuning is all that matters, but assuming the tuning is correct, I was looking into a scan-speak separate mid+tw (10F/4424G+R3004/6020-00), I always considered scans gerat quality components.

What do you think?
Generally speaking, if you have the capability to T/A the separate components, the components will sound better.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Generally speaking, if you have the capability to T/A the separate components, the components will sound better.
I have dsp and measurement microphone, so tuning is not a problem. My concern is about speakers...

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
I don't know if the Scans would be an upgrade over the c3cx's but if you have the itch to try something new you may as well scratch it if you have the time and money to put into it.

·
Premium Member
8,981 Posts
The biggest upgrade is going to be the tweeter. Especially on axis. But, I've seen/heard people get excellent results with the C3CX as well.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The biggest upgrade is going to be the tweeter. Especially on axis. But, I've seen/heard people get excellent results with the C3CX as well.
I guess too. Illusion aren't bad, as said I'm happy with them, but I believe it's small tw can't compare with Illuminator.

Sent from my LGMP450 using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts