DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a Pioneer DEH-P5200HD and its made a huge difference. I mostly listen to hard rock and the speakers are obviously the weakest link now. What would be a good upgrade in the $250 range?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
do you want just loud or SQ? comps or coax?

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Do your speakers run off your stereo's amplifiers? If yes, that is your weakest link right now. Install an amplifier first, then change the speakers. Even cheap $50 speakers can have a night and day difference when running with more power. For a simple setup, I would recommend a decent 4-channel amp. Bridge the rear channels for a subwoofer, use front channels for the front speakers.

Regarding speakers, if you can spend $250, I would recommend to try HAT Imagine speakers. They are convertible between component and coaxial. A lot of people here like them.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Do your speakers run off your stereo's amplifiers? If yes, that is your weakest link right now. Install an amplifier first, then change the speakers. Even cheap $50 speakers can have a night and day difference when running with more power. For a simple setup, I would recommend a decent 4-channel amp. Bridge the rear channels for a subwoofer, use front channels for the front speakers.

Regarding speakers, if you can spend $250, I would recommend to try HAT Imagine speakers. They are convertible between component and coaxial. A lot of people here like them.
Couldn't agree more. when i bought my car, it had Polk MOMO comps in it running of the HU. When i bought my Memphis 16-st-3004, the difference was indescribably awesome. Priorities- 1-Amp, 2-Speakers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts