DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings everyone,

I've finally decided to upgrade some of the twelve year old audio components in my Cherokee. Last year, I replaced my long lived Sony Mobile ES head unit with a Kenwood 994. My front stage consists of JBL Competition kevlar mids and tweets that still sound great. I can't remember the model number but in their day they were highly rated and cost me about $500 for the pair. The rear is currently vacant. The Infinity Kappa components that use to reside there were recently "donated" to a friend's cause. My sub section is made up of two Fosgate Punch tens in a bandpass box. Go ahead, let the comments fly on the subs and box. In my defense, remember that the sub section was built over ten years ago. Back then Fosgate still made great woofers and bandpass boxes were "in". Powering everything is my A/D/S/ 850MX eight channel amp (setup in six channel mode... 50w x 4 and 150w x 2). I wish A/D/S/ was still around....loved their stuff. I'm looking to add a rear set of mids and tweets and replace my tens with either one DVC (4 ohms per coil)15 or two 12s (to be driven at 4 ohms stereo). I'm not sure which sub setup would give the best output level with two 150w channels for power. Thanks...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts