DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I am currently running a factory subaru head unit going into an audio control dq-61 then to a rockford r600x5.
The x5 is running a pair of morel tempo ultra 602 (passive) a pair of kenwood 6 1/2 2 ways for the rear fill and a kicker 44vcwc122 sub.
I am in search of sound quality, so I am thinking about replacing the dq61 and the rockford Amp and replacing with an audio control d-6.1200 Amp, going active and loosing the rear fill and bridge channels 5 and 6 for the sub.
Do you think the there will be any improvement in the sound quality?
Car is already deaden and fast rings.
Any advice?
Thanks in advance.

Super Moderator

Registered
The Rockford is lower distortion than the Audiocontrol.. but both are low enough to where it probably does not matter..

I would highly recommend against the Audiocontrol DSP.. its not good.

If you want an all in one.. Arc makes one.. JL Audio,Helix but cant bridge the helix.. (depends on what speakers you want to use but will probably be enough power)

Or if you dont need the extra space just buy a Helix DSP.3 and keep your Rockford amp.. that would be the most logical choice in my view.. Rockford amps are perfectly fine for an SQ build.. they are rock solid and objective tests show them having very low distortion..

Registered
The Rockford is lower distortion than the Audiocontrol.. but both are low enough to where it probably does not matter..

I would highly recommend against the Audiocontrol DSP.. its not good.

If you want an all in one.. Arc makes one.. JL Audio,Helix but cant bridge the helix.. (depends on what speakers you want to use but will probably be enough power)

Or if you dont need the extra space just buy a Helix DSP.3 and keep your Rockford amp.. that would be the most logical choice in my view.. Rockford amps are perfectly fine for an SQ build.. they are rock solid and objective tests show them having very low distortion..
You can bridge the helix m4dsp and the m6 also, both have spare channels of dsp also for feeding other amplifiers and you can lock two channels together, for example if you bridge two channels to one midbass, it鈥檚 a little more than the link function and makes two channels into one effectively so you can鈥檛 adjust one alone 馃憤馃徏

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.