DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Upgrading Sounds

775 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Hazza 
#1 ·
Hey i am just a bit confused and hopefully someone can give me a little insight into this.
I have got a CQ-RX122W head unit installed in my Honda Civic and the wire has been ripped right off the cone of one of the back speakers. The speakers are all stock and i want to get a better sound coming out of them with more volume. Does anybody have any ideas for me?? I just want some new speakers that are not too expensive.
Thanks
Harry

#2 ·
I'd probably replace all of your stock speakers with 2 way coaxial speakers. You probably won't be running a lot of power so 2 way coaxials are your better buy. Component speakers should be fed with a 2 or 4 channel amp if you decide to go that route.

I would list certain brands, but it's a question of taste and preference. I could say go with MB Quart or Focal, but other people here might say otherwise.

I'll say anything is probably better than your stock speakers. Stock speakers are made of paper, so obviously they can't support more than 5 watts of power.

#3 ·
Yeh i totally agree they are pretty much all blown now! Hopefully i can get some speakers that will sound good and run on my head unit. When i bought it they said that i couldnt put subs on it and that kind of thing. does that mean i can put in a amp then put them in or am i totally wrong!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.