DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

My McIntosh MC431 has been giving trouble for quite some time now. It's been sent to a repairer but I need the service manual or at least the page with the schematics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Nick

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yuri, you're a legend! I didn't want to bother you again in TA but these will do fine, I think!

Thanks a lot dude! :D

·
Registered
85 Posts
Necrobump, anyone still have this service manual?

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
I need mcintosh mc431 service manual too,Anyone have ???
George Meyer AV - Services

That is the only authorized repair center for McIntosh.

They are pricey but use only original parts.

They might be able to help you with a service manual. Otherwise I would contact McIntosh directly.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I thought I had it.. but I only have pictures from a service manual, and they are kinda bad. If you haven't gotten a copy I can send it to you.

So I am too looking for a copy for the service/repair manual, if anyone got it.

torbjorn dot jorgensen at gmail dot com

·
Registered
178 Posts
I thought I had it.. but I only have pictures from a service manual, and they are kinda bad. If you haven't gotten a copy I can send it to you.

So I am too looking for a copy for the service/repair manual, if anyone got it.

torbjorn dot jorgensen at gmail dot com
Well kindly send them over then, I'm trying to get a hold of it from the official distributor if i get it I'll share it here and oh btw I've got a McIntosh mc 420 service manual in pdf if anyone needs that.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
73 Posts
i also would like to find a MC431 service manual. i have a MC420 service manual

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
There is very little difference in the MC420/431/440 service manuals.If you have one you can pretty much use it for the others.The only real difference is the part numbers on the board from one to the other.
There is no trouble shooting info in any of them.They are basically schematics and parts layouts.I just use the 440m manual for all of them.I cant even remember which ones I have because the rest have been stored away for so long.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a MC 431 off eBay. Can anyone tell me the correct fuse? The owner's manual I downloaded didn't address it, but says it pull like 67 amps at full load. The used amp came with a 50 amp fuse, which I assume worked as it wasn;t blown, but it would be nice to know the correct size.

Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm bringing this post back from the past... My beloved MC431M of 20 years has finally died. Popping sounds starting coming from one channel, and then a few minutes later, no output from all channels and the power guard light is always on.

Would anyone with pics or a scan of the MC431 (or MC420) service manual please share?
Thanks!

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have a service manual for the MC431. I have it printed out so I'm not sure how to send it to you unless you want me to take pics from ipad and text to you.

I can look on my computer to see if the file is there.

Let me know, I have several of them.
MC431/420
MCC444
MC427
MCC222

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a service manual for the MC431. I have it printed out so I'm not sure how to send it to you unless you want me to take pics from ipad and text to you.

I can look on my computer to see if the file is there.

Let me know, I have several of them.
MC431/420
MCC444
MC427
MCC222
Ooooh, exciting! I had a typo in my post (now corrected) - my amp is an MC431M. A PDF from your computer would be ideal if you can find it. Many thanks for the offer!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts