DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am debating a couple of things and I have considered using banna plugs into the direct connect for the amps speakers input but I was curious to know if anyone has ever done this?

My way I am planning atm is to use ferrules with the wires soldered together before I crimp the ferrule down.

I could still do this method inside a locking banana plug as well but I just wanted to know is there is a down side to using them vs just a ferrule in the direct connect speaker input?

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
There would be no advantage to do this. Stick with ferules or bare wire.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I like ferrules at the amp then bananas on sub box.

Only problem with bananas on amp is how the output is arranged. If it's a 4 channel with stacked outputs it will probably get crowded.

·
Registered
7,517 Posts
I like ferrules at the amp then bananas on sub box.

Only problem with bananas on amp is how the output is arranged. If it's a 4 channel with stacked outputs it will probably get crowded.
Also banana's are designed to be pressure fit into a 5 way binding post. I would think the screw down on the amp would cause the banana plug to deform and possible break.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Also banana's are designed to be pressure fit into a 5 way binding post. I would think the screw down on the amp would cause the banana plug to deform and possible break.
Never heard the term "5 way" binding post despite using them every day for work. Needless to say I quickly Googled and enlightened myself. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts