DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a alpine x100 that puts out 2v going into a RF 3sixty.2. My HU clips at #15 vol. Max vol. is @ #0. I have to have my HU @ #11 to get the RF 3sixty to register the signal. Should I get an an audiocontrol matrix (linedriver) to up my signal from my HU to my 3sixty.2 to clean up the sound?
Thanks
rob

·
Registered
320 Posts
I have a alpine x100 that puts out 2v going into a RF 3sixty.2. My HU clips at #15 vol. Max vol. is @ #0. I have to have my HU @ #11 to get the RF 3sixty to register the signal. Should I get an an audiocontrol matrix (linedriver) to up my signal from my HU to my 3sixty.2 to clean up the sound?
Thanks
rob
Yes, you could do that and at the same time reduce considerably the 3SIXTY.2 gains, which in turn will reduce considerably the hiss -if any- downstream.

·
Registered
840 Posts
i would think turn the sensetivity on the 3sixty way down and use a line driver after the 3sixty

·
Registered
42 Posts
You should have gains to adjust on both the RF 3Sixty and the amplifier. I would suspect the gains are not high enough in one or both of these units if your head unit has to be cranked up too loud. Setting the gains higher should allow you to get greater volume at the head unit volume control at a lower setting.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts