DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m no pro in car audio, purchased this used and tested ohms with multimeter.
Had a 4th order box designed and built it my first box.

it did not sound the greatest and when sealed, it makes a weird rattle. I can’t confirm if it was a bad box design, box build or the sub itself.

when playing free air, it sounds great, no rattling on low notes. No time to build another box and troubleshoot.

so... 300.00 shipped to lower 48 states
PU Idaho 83646 275.00

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Could you expand on the box? Slim subs and 4th order usually don’t go together
not sure what you mean about “expand” but after the 4th order build, I cut the box in half as if it were a sealed sub (looked terrible af Lol). At that point, I gave up and ordered an FI Xv3 12. Now that I have the FI, I’ve set it up in new 32hz regular build (no 4th).

·
Registered
1,643 Posts
not sure what you mean about “expand” but after the 4th order build, I cut the box in half as if it were a sealed sub (looked terrible af Lol). At that point, I gave up and ordered an FI Xv3 12. Now that I have the FI, I’ve set it up in new 32hz regular build (no 4th).
was wondering what benefit if any you saw trying to run this in a 4th order. I was wondering about the size and ratios and see if going 4th order negated the slim sealed box

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
was wondering what benefit if any you saw trying to run this in a 4th order. I was wondering about the size and ratios and see if going 4th order negated the slim sealed box
honestly I’m not sure. I just asked the box designer to give me a box that hits hard, suggested a 4th order and I rolled with it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts