DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a pair of cdt cl-6x which are 2 way speakers. I really hate throwing things away. well the tweeters were burned on them, but the mids are still good. i was planning on cutting the tweeter lines, and just using them as midbass in my stock door location. also i have a set of 5.25 cdt components in q-form kicks hooked up to a ppi 50watt x2 amp. I was planning on leaving the 6.5 in the stock location running of the power of the hu, and running the comps off the amp. should i be running the 6.5 off the rear or front output of the hu? i'm not planning on running any rear fills.? is this okay?

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
I understand hating to throw things away as I am a full fledged packrat, but what I dont understand is throwing equipment at your car just because its there, and messed up equipment to boot

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it's messed up, so i can't change the fact of that..it's either in the car, or never be used. can't figure out what else to do with it, other than the obvious trashing it.

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
Do what I do. Put it on a shelf in the garage. "Ill use that some day". Throwing junk at your system is definitely not gonna make it sound better

1 - 4 of 4 Posts