DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One thing I have learned over my short time as a member is ..... If you want the right answers reach out to the DYI Mobile form.
My system has been a slow process but i am finally at the final stages of tuning. I am using a Audiofrog UMI-1 Mic and have followed the instructions for set up using REW.
I have hit a road block and am looking for advice from the form. Well following the 'One Seat stereo Tuning Process" provided by Audiofrog I ma at page 38 "Using Room EQ Wizard and UMI-1. No issues until page 40 at the bottom where is states "Also, be sure that "DB" rather than dBFS is chosen in the top left corner. problem is there is no DB option. here is what is available . What option should i use to measure?

Attachments

·
Registered
2021 Chevrolet Silverado Trail Boss Crew Cab
2,016 Posts
It looks like there is a slider to see another/more options, have you looked at it/them? You probably already looked at that but thought I would ask just in case.

·
Premium Member
2021 Camaro 2SS
441 Posts
in 5.20 there isn't a dB option, just SPL, I believe it's the same thing just renamed.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks SWrocket, I will check that out. I have been searching and found nothing so hopefully that will work.

·
Registered
353 Posts
You can use whichever setting you want--dB, dBFS are fine.

I wrote that doc for version 5.19, which is the last NON-BETA release. I'm not really prepared to support someone else's beta software, but I'm working on a new guide. Lots of other things to do.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yes I have seen that the new versions of REW are quite different. I will try a few things like SPL and DBSF.

·
Registered
113 Posts
You can use whichever setting you want--dB, dBFS are fine.

I wrote that doc for version 5.19, which is the last NON-BETA release. I'm not really prepared to support someone else's beta software, but I'm working on a new guide. Lots of other things to do.
I am excited for this and truly appreciate your support of the UMI-1 with REW

1 - 11 of 11 Posts