DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a little unclear after reading the USPS website. Say you recieve a tracking number, should you be able to follow the item from point to point or will nothing show up in the system until it's out for delivery? I think this was shipped Priority, nothing is showing in the system after 3 days. Just wanted to get an idea of what to expect.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
depends on how they shipped it. if they gave you a "delivery confirmation" number, it will only show after it was delivered. if it is a tracking number, if should track similar to UPS/fedex system.

·
Registered
156 Posts
USPS tracking is horrid. I just received a package from them last week and they never updated the tracking information until after it was delivered. I also hope whatever you are waiting on is packed well. Well over 50% of anything I've received from the USPS has some damage. In my zip anyway, they treat the parcels like footballs.

Never had any trouble with UPS and only a couple of minor issues with FedEx. USPS, they suck.

Good luck.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you guys. I'm not worried about the member that shipped it, he's a well known repected member. Just making sure nothing got screwed up with USPS. I'm hoping to get my 900/5 and Dyn430s today so I can install tomorrow. One won't work without the other.

·
Registered
6,376 Posts
The confirmation never shows until it is there. I didn't know they even had any kind of real tracking lol. I've got a lot of stuff packed right that made it fine, but had a few things people didn't pack well that got flat out beat to shreds. I think their trucks have concrete in the shocks. Then again others have beat stuff up a little too, you have to wrap it in bubblewrap no matter who ships it.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I just recieved my Esotar 430s from UPS today. They were shipped in a large box, several times the size of the actual speaker box with a lot of padding. It's a good thing because the box arrived all deformed and torn. I don't know how you would even do something like that to a package other than on purpose. You could throw a box as far as you can and not do the sort of damage that was done. If there's wasn't a foot of crush space my mids might have been damaged.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just recieved my Esotar 430s from UPS today. They were shipped in a large box, several times the size of the actual speaker box with a lot of padding. It's a good thing because the box arrived all deformed and torn. I don't know how you would even do something like that to a package other than on purpose. You could throw a box as far as you can and not do the sort of damage that was done. If there's wasn't a foot of crush space my mids might have been damaged.
Fedex > Ontrac > > UPS >>>>>> USPS

What else would you expect from a government run "business".

·
18,686 Posts
I actually used the same packaging box and materials (with a few extras from my supplies) to ship the 430. Glad to hear they got there fine, even though they were drop kicked Ace Ventura style (apparently). ;)

OT... so far, I've not had any issues with anyone other than UPS. They lost a netbook I sold here. Buyer wound up getting refunded because I got tired of waiting on UPS to get the return to me. Wouldn't you know, 2 weeks later they "found" the package sitting on a shelf. I got it back (with refunded fees, of course) and found fingerprints all over the screen and obvious signs of use. Yea... sure... it was just "sitting" on a shelf. :rolleyes:

The CS rep was very nice, though.

At the end of the day, companies employ people. Regular ol' Joes. They are held liable for what those Joes do, but they can't control what those Joes do. That's the problem. In these cases it's not the company. It's the jackasses who managed to get hired. And don't FOR A SECOND act like they should have caught every ******* that made it on their team. I know plenty of people even in the professional world who I question their ability to wipe their ass without making a mess of it. Much less perform their job.

·
Registered
1 Posts
At the end of the day, companies employ people. Regular ol' Joes. They are held liable for what those Joes do, but they can't control what those Joes do. That's the problem. In these cases it's not the company. It's the jackasses who managed to get hired. And don't FOR A SECOND act like they should have caught every ******* that made it on their team. I know plenty of people even in the professional world who I question their ability to wipe their ass without making a mess of it. Much less perform their job.
This is totally true. I use to work for Fed-Ex years back loading trucks and the things I seen the guys do to packages when loading them into trucks is incredible. They would throw the boxes, punch them, kick them you name it. They don't care cause it is not their stuff and most of the people I worked with were kids trying to make money over the summer.
I currently use USPS for shipping cause Priority is fast and cheap, 2-3 days to most locations. The tracking does suck, if the packaged isn't scanned you don't see any info online and they usually update to info only at night. But I never had a problem with them delivering packages on time unless the weather is really bad in the area.

·
Registered
329 Posts
Their tracking sucks but honestly I don't know what I'd do without them. All other shipping options to/from AK are very expensive.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts