DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 143 Posts

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Sweet ride,I saw a sedan version yesterday man that thing look noice!

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I do love that car. The looks and power are great! And the sound of a boxer motor is a beautiful thing IMHO.

·
Registered
539 Posts
Damn. I think I gotta make a trip for this. This is nice. Can't wait to see an equipment list.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is very cool.

Sorry for the delay on the equipment list. I am not actually going to start working on the car until Monday, and I have a TON of equipment to choose from. The owner has been busy shopping and collecting for many years.

The front stage is most likely going to be Seas. I will confirm on Monday when I do some preliminary fitting.

Please stand-by. :)

·
Registered
539 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Boy, you guys are an impatient bunch!! :)

Still working on choosing product and figuring where everything will fit with taking up the least amount of space.

Here is a pic to tie you over.

·
Registered
539 Posts
looks interesting. Are those the Exile flat subs?
BTW I hope he's not a basshead. That X1R amp hates anything below a 4 ohm load and like to cut off to save itself. We went through about 6 amps back at Music before we figured out they're just not happy with a 2 or 1 Ohm load (even though they're rated for it).

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
BTW I hope he's not a basshead. That X1R amp hates anything below a 4 ohm load and like to cut off to save itself. We went through about 6 amps back at Music before we figured out they're just not happy with a 2 or 1 Ohm load (even though they're rated for it).
Thanks for the heads up. The subs are not flat.

Some of this equipment choice is still up in the air as we are deciding on placement etc. The owner is coming out in the next day or 2 to go over everything. If everything works as planned it should be very cool :)

·
Registered
5,640 Posts
Cool. I dig these cars, and am looking forward to seeing your install!

·
Registered
518 Posts
good thing it will all be running at 4 or 8 ohms throughout ;)
i love bass, but i planned ahead and (hopefully) have enough 4 and 8 ohm power to give a nice bass response without loading the amps too much. here's crossing my fingers

2x300 at 4 ohms to each tweeter and 2x300 at 4 ohm to each mid (both are 8 ohm drivers though, but what does nominal impedance really mean? LOL) and 1x600 to each sub (2 subs). total of 2400 watts at 4 ohms (or if we really go by DCr then 2x150 and 2x150 to the front stage and 2x600 to the subs for a total of 1800 watts.)

·
Registered
539 Posts
good thing it will all be running at 4 or 8 ohms throughout ;)
and being a basshead has nothing (ok, little) to do with the load being put on the amps.
I'm just putting my 2 cents in with what i've seen in person. You'll love it anyways.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Shouldn't be a headroom problem in this car. There will be a X4R bridged on each Seas mid and another bridged for the tweeters. Then a X1R for each Exile 10. :)

Work has started on the amp rack and sub enclosures. I will get some pics up soon.

1 - 20 of 143 Posts