DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
61 - 80 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
2017 Honda Civic Si.
This was a special one for me. This is the car owned by my UPS driver from when I was working out of my parent's driveway. He was one of few people who saw me truly build this business from the ground up.

·
Registered
5,178 Posts
2017 Honda Civic Si.
This was a special one for me. This is the car owned by my UPS driver from when I was working out of my parent's driveway. He was one of few people who saw me truly build this business from the ground up.

Really love it Nick! Great use of the benefits and challenges the car presented - great equipment - and I’m sure a fantastic tune. Great job!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
55 Posts
2017 Honda Civic Si.

Awesome build! Just the rest of your work.

What are your thoughts on the aerospace? I’m interested in comparing them to the M’s.

Also the Brahma seem interesting. Your feedback on those would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

·
Registered
949 Posts
Awesome builds Nick.
Curious, what brand White Speaker wire and RCA cables those are that you used???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Awesome builds Nick.
Curious, what brand White Speaker wire and RCA cables those are that you used???

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
RSD Custom Cables.

Reactions: Black Rain

·
Registered
615 Posts
All of the a-pillar and/or sail panel grilles and design are really clean and well executed but those 2020 Outback grilles are next level. And your builds really show well what a benefit router templates and proper use of them can result in. Excellent work and attention to detail.

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
All of the a-pillar and/or sail panel grilles and design are really clean and well executed but those 2020 Outback grilles are next level. And your builds really show well what a benefit router templates and proper use of them can result in. Excellent work and attention to detail.
Thank you. Those Outback grills are still probably the toughest things I've ever made.

Also, while we do have some router templates, I cannot remember the last time we actually used one lol

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
2017 BMW X5
A perfect example of our most basic sound system offering.. DSP amplifier and sub install utilizing OEM speakers. Believe it or not, it's more effective than you'd think.

Reactions: vactor

·
Registered
787 Posts
2017 BMW X5
A perfect example of our most basic sound system offering.. DSP amplifier and sub install utilizing OEM speakers. Believe it or not, it's more effective than you'd think.

i heard a similar setup locally in a GMC of some type. helix v12 amp/dsp, 2 10's under rear seat and a really good tune. could not believe it sounded like that with otherwise oem speakers. if you knew what to listen for you could tell that a tiny bit of an edge on detail was missing, but if you did not know what a true audiophile setup sounds like, you would never know. it was very impressive. if Apicella is doing something similar, even a budget conscious customer will be truly blown away by how good a mild upgrade like that can sound. outstanding Skizer!!

·
Registered
5,120 Posts
If I had a car and was only allowed one thing as far as audio upgrade, it would be a corrected time domain.

I drove a new Kia that had factory TA to the drivers seat, the system was crap , but I was able to enjoy the music quite a bit. I could hear the Mylar from the tweeters vibrating, the paper from the mids resonance. But the music had a left,right,center. That’s all I needed to be happy for that drive.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Post #61, looks awesome Nick and these are the builds that I like to see because they represent what I like. I wish I was closer and could hang out in your shop watching you guys do the great work that you do.

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
2021 BMW M3 - High-End Sound Quality Meets Daily Driver

This was our first time using the new Accuton Automotive line in a client's car since becoming undeniably confident in them after putting them through the wringer in Matt's car. These are absolutely top-shelf.

www.accuton-automotive.com
www.apicellaautosound.com

The owner of this BMW M3 is no stranger to high-end car audio, as this is the 4th vehicle we have done for him now. This install, same as the rest of them, has a specific purpose. This one being high-end sound quality while maintaining the daily driver functionality. That means no meaningful real estate taken up in the trunk (or anywhere else for that matter, nothing that would limit the usability of the car in any way, and something that he can just hop in, hit play, and enjoy. Not only that, but considering this is a good client of ours, he also may* have known before most that we are now the official US distributors of Accuton Automotive! We have been keeping this a bit low-key in order to get them in a few of our cars and good, trusted clients' cars to put them to the test before we officially opened them to the North American Market. We ended up utilizing their midrange and tweeters, while the midbass had to be something very shallow. So, in the past, BMW's used to be very easy to integrate into with their MOST25 fiber-optic system. This system is no longer used by BMW, and their new RAM system is used in their current offerings. This means OEM integration via high-level out of the OEM Harman Kardon amplifier. Since there was a pretty much 100% chance that there was an upmixer being utilized to allow for a 2 seat tune, and even some chance that there was no true Stereo (left/right) signal in the car, we opted to also utilize the OEM center channel location. Thankfully, when we tested the signal, left and right were perfect stereo and the center channel just played correlated information. This made a standard 1-seat tune easy and predictable while allowing for an added 2-seat tune utilizing the center channel and OEM upmixed center signal. Now, onto the equipment that made this install meet all of these goals..

. Helix V Twelve DSP amplifier with the Helix Conductor controller
. Helix P One mono amplifier
. Accuton Automotive C030AM-04-710 tweeter
. Accuton Automotive C100AM-04-730 midrange
. Focal Utopia 8WM midbass
. Illusion Audio C12XL subwoofer
. Focal Utopia 3.5WM and TBM center channel

Click the link below to see the full build log

·
Registered
645 Posts
The BMW looks great.
Will we be able to just call you up and order the Accutons in whatever configuration we want ? The way these sometimes get talked about I almost feel like I have to pass some kind of test to have the privilege of buying them. Are they in stock ?

Reactions: SkizeR

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
The BMW looks great.
Will we be able to just call you up and order the Accutons in whatever configuration we want ? The way these sometimes get talked about I almost feel like I have to pass some kind of test to have the privilege of buying them. Are they in stock ?
Tbh, I'm not 100% sure yet. I am trying to make these available through dealers only. But at the same time, I only trust a small handful of dealers with them.

·
Registered
19,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Here is a build log of a project that we did when Vanguard Automotive Design was starting to become an idea, so I figured I'd make it our first official Vanguard build log, even though it isn't from the new shop and with my new partner. This build was pretty nuts. Sick car, sick equipment, and frankly, a pretty cool client.

PS, this car is actually for sale now. The client needs a bigger vehicle. PM me if you are interested.

The big goal here was obviously great sound quality, but also high volume and 2-seat tuning.

Click the link below to check the full build log

61 - 80 of 93 Posts