DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm rebuilding the box for my Hertz HX 300 woofer and I had a question with regard to the supplied parameters in the manual.

The Hertz manual for my new HX 300 woofer shows a "performance" enclosure with a Vcc of 26,30l. I can only assume that those numbers mean the internal volume of the box, expressed in liters. The ported enclosures show a Vb, which I assume is box volume, also expressed in liters.

So here's the questions I have...

1. In the case of the sealed box, the woofer is going inside of the box. So I need the Vcc of 26,30l plus the driver displacement of 2,9l to build a sealed box. Correct? So 26,30l + 2,9l = 29,2l, multiply that times 0.0353146667 to convert to cu ft = 1.031 cu ft. Is that correct?
  2. What does Vcc mean and why is it only used in reference to a sealed box? Why is it Vb when it's a ported enclosure?
For reference, here's the manual for my driver.
http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/Doc/pdf_hx300.pdf

Any help would be appreciated. :)

·
Registered
4,982 Posts
Vb is the enclosure volume in a ported box. Vcc might stand for "Volume-closed-cabinet", no idea why they call it that really, but IT IS the enclosure volume they are referring to.

I think the speaker volume displacement already has been added to the recommended spec, if you go for a sealed enclosure, size won't matter that much. You can build a box in the range of 0,88ft³-1,5cu³ with good results. I would still go for something close to 1cu³ for better power handling.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the information.

My current box is 1.38 but I'm not happy with the output of it for various reasons. Not so much the box as the design and location. I underestimated the ability of my back seat to block sound. :laugh:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts