DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a 'heads-up'.

Don't wanna trash a member of the forum because honestly, I can't say for certain what his motives are. So, I'll leave his name out of this.

Story;

Was asked to ship to an International address that turned out to be unverified through paypal. I wasn't informed that the address was unverified, noticed it myself prior to shipping.

Basically this means p.p. won't protect me if the buyer denies ever receiving the package making me vulnerable to loosing my goods and the money paid through paypal. In plain english, it makes me vulnerable to potential scamming buyers.

My only protection is by using a shipper that will accept a signature upon receipt of goods. Problem is that since this is an international shipment, the price suddenly tripples just for the signature option. Price goes from $100 to $327!! So, it really isn't an option.

Although I don't know the buyers true motives, the deal went 'south' fast when I ask him to verify his addy

Moral;

1) Shipping international isn't the same as shipping within your country or even usa to canada. Be aware.

2) keep your eye on the p.p. delivery address status. Save yourself some headaches.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^^

Wasn't a stipulation from what I saw. needed signature and had to ship whithin 7 days only. But if what you're saying is true...that's pretty damn good to know too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
I sold some things a few times and the addresses werent verified. I refunded the money on all occasions. 1 worked with PP to get verified. The others in general got all pissy.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
First off P.S.S., an apology is in order on account of previous comments thru other threads. Laid to rest on my end.

Just curious, did your transaction take place on North America or overseas? Seems I ran into a similar situation shipping to Australia. Issue fell thru like a dropping boulder. Costs obviously deterred the buyer and my skepticism of PayPal covering didn't show.

·
Registered
308 Posts
There was a time where overseas PayPal user was not able to verify their PayPal acc as the local bank have yet to accept PayPal nor link PayPal to a specific bank account. Nowadays it's quite easy to get verified and all user should do so.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Pretty sure paypal wont cover you for any international transactions anyways, verified or not.
just want to clarify that this is completely untrue.

If you were to sell something to me in Britain the only extra effort would be to fill in about 3 lines on a form saying what the item is, your reason for sending (eg sale/gift) and the value of the item.

Other than that it is no different at all and buying is exactly the same. You are protected the same as if in America. If you dont send with tracking then they can screw you over the same as they can in America.

Unverified is slightly different but I've never had a problem. When you're sending to a 'dodgy' country find out a lot about the person first.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts