DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Looks pretty thorough. He used dynamat products, but it gives an idea

Dynamat install, NVH Reduction. Lots of pictures. - Page 3 - ModularFords.com

You haven't seen my build log have you...lol... I over did it... ANd I haven't even gotten my SS LLP down yet...

That there is childs play... lol...

Shoulda spent some of that $ on a real barrier instead of the Ensoheavy,
Yeah, I have a bunch of foam to... oh well, I noticed a marked difference in interior "echo" after I installed it... I guess once the interior is completely in, it won't matter much, but, to late, it's glued down, i'm not taking it up, unless it's in the way... lol...

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Best thing about that thread IMHO is you get to see what the NVH engineers at Ford used for a factory damping material in that car. Check out the honeycomb material in this pic.....

I didn't read that whole thread so I don't know if that guy noticed this and also how much he wasted on non-resonant panels that don't need damping treatment. Sure, OEM treatments aren't going to win any awards for their ultra coverage for the ultra damped, quiet car but they know what they're doing. Interesting how you don't see thin closed cell foam used in OEM apps for noise control. ;)

·
Registered
229 Posts
I get the general feeling that many feel thin closed cell foam (ensoheavy as reffered above) isnt worthwhile, or perhaps just not a good choice. Whats the resoning behind that?

kudas to that thread though, really spent some time in that one

·
Registered
3 Posts
i used a layer of luxuy liner pro on top of my damplifier pro for my floor and headliner. it cuts down the road noise by a lot!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts