·
Registered
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Current System setup:
JVC KW-NX7000BT
Tru SSLD66 line driver
MB Quart DSC4125 running the front stage passive
Dynaudio System 360 with DLS UR2.5's in for the midrange temporarily and these tweeters in temporarily
MB Quart Nau660 running rear doors and rear deck

This tweeter is quite impressive at it's price point!! Let me just start off with this though, I noticed an immediate rise in my noise floor after installing these, I assume because the DCR is only 2.9 ohms and the inherent sensitivity of tweeters in general that caused this to occur. I don't really care too much about the noise floor so not an issue for me.

Overall an extremely detailed tweeter with excellent on-axis performance. In my kick panels pointed slightly on axis they sound pretty darn good, they are what I would call airy, but on certain notes have a boxed in sound. I feel as though they could do with a bit of t/a and some eq'ing what other tweeters that cost quite a bit more can't even do. I do believe these tweeters are best suited for on-axis mounting to avoid the boxed in sound, I can't confirm that this would be the case as I only have them in the current configuration in my car. I do get some break up when I get on them hard but they mostly handle power very well.

Overall, I would not hesitate for ~$30 to purchase these and run them in the car.

Speakers/Components

Sound Quality: 8/10
Power Handling: 8/10
Midbass: NA/10
Midrange: NA/10
Highs: 7/10
Detail: 8/10
Build Quality: 9/10
Value: 10/10
Total: 50/60

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I have also used these tweeters before and I thought they were pretty good. to clarify on the off/on axis, on axis seemed to work best for these. They are Very sensitive that is for sure. I ran them off the hu and actually had to turn them down quite a bit. are you still using them? what did you cross them at?

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
The cool part is, for me at least, they seemed to play down to 3k just fine and even a tad lower with a steep crossover. anyway, good review, they are pretty decent for the price, glad you like them.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Its quite sensitive and has good output off hu power, and off hu power, power handling shuldnt b much of an issue

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
what are you running IB? this is my first IB setup and I really like it so far.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
what about jbl w10gti? its a great sub! :)

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
they are deep, and heavy beasts!

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
I dont have any graphs that show it but to my ears it had a wider dispersion than my jl and hertz tweets. It was ok off axis but like was said earlier, just sounded better on axis

·
Registered
436 Posts
I saw this review over at CACO and was chatting it up with Nismo over there about these.

Come mid may I am going to fiberglass 4 of these and 4 MLI65s in the front of my friends blazer in as an attempt to combat his SPL setup without sounding like crap.

Do wish these where 8 ohms but I guess it doesn't matter much. They are very pleasing on the eyes in person and its mild horn loading makes the driver very interesting. Can't beat the price too lols...........

1 - 16 of 16 Posts