Pioneer PL-510

Condition of all items:

Very good

Total Price: :

$250 w/ cart
$225 w/o cart

Shipping Terms: :

Can ship, do pack bomb proof, on buyer's dime

Pictures: - Unless you are a Upgraded member, or your last 10 iTrader feedbacks are positive, you must post a picture of the exact item you are selling.

flickr album with more pics: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmnXbBrN

Additional info:

For sale is a 1970s Pioneer PL-510 fully manual, direct drive turntable.
It's in original / survivor shape with a freshly veneered plinth in American walnut.
Original dust cover is very nice, crack free.
The feet are also very nice. Almost too nice, I'm thinking a previous owner might have replaced them.
Both speeds are dead stable, the cueing arm is very smooth.
The table is heavy at 18 lbs and sounds incredibly nice.
The cartridge is a Shure M95ed with brand new stylus. I like the M95ed even more than the M97xe that's on one of my other tables.
The original headshell is included of course.

There's some minor pitting along the upper platter edge, I took a pic of the worst of it (see flickr album). It's hard to notice though.
It looks like the small, silver trim ring is missing from the center of the rubber mat. No signs of a 45 adapter, either.
Overall a plain lovely 70s turntable in very presentable shape.

$250 local pick up in 29810 (Augusta area) or plus shipping.
$225 without cart but with headshell.

Local meet up possible. If you live within driving distance, let's meet up somewhere half way and avoid shipping.
Thank you for looking.

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Very nice! I used to have a pair of Technique 1200's back in the day when I used to DJ. I loved them, not sure if they were the SQ of this one, but this seems very nice. :D

·
Registered
2,644 Posts
Absolutely beautiful. We had one of these in my home when I was a kid, along with a matching Pioneer receiver and some JDM Kenwood towers. I heard a ton of music for the first time through that setup. Lots of nostalgia for sure! Good luck with your sale!

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Very nice! I used to have a pair of Technique 1200's back in the day when I used to DJ. I loved them, not sure if they were the SQ of this one, but this seems very nice. :D
Absolutely beautiful. We had one of these in my home when I was a kid, along with a matching Pioneer receiver and some JDM Kenwood towers. I heard a ton of music for the first time through that setup. Lots of nostalgia for sure! Good luck with your sale!
Thanks for the kind words, fellas.
This Pio definitely plays very nicely, it's basically a manual version of the sought after PL-530, same motor and more. It's the only table I've ever had that compares to my Technics SL-1500 in SQ.
Someone will enjoy this one for many years to come.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.