DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So some asshole decided to help themselves to my Chevy stereo system. Hertz 163 Front stage 6.5 Woofers gone, infinity 6.5 rear stage woofers gone. Head unit gone. Amps you guesses it, gone. So I need to fill the hole of my beloved hertz 6.5 with a close replacement. I believe they were 4ohm and 150rms. Opinions? For the rear I’m swapping in 8” woofers. Any opinions? And I’m gunna need an amp to power the system. Let me know what’s out there that you like. Thanks guys. Trying to make the best of a shitty situation.

·
Registered
2,657 Posts
Budget?

Do you also have tweeters and midranges? It would be nice to understand your system architecture. This tells us what amps / channels you might need.

Also, will you be running a sub, or are your 8" woofers it?

Ge0

·
Registered
1,637 Posts
Shitty news... hope Karma finds the asshole, soon.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I still have the tweets and midrange in the a pillars for the hertz front stage. I’ll run subs eventually but not for now. Looking for the best bang for buck to power the front and back. And likely run one or two 12” subs in the rear.

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Shitty news... hope Karma finds the asshole, soon.
I would not count on Karma.
Maybe some alarm system needs to be installed first?

·
Registered
847 Posts
So some asshole decided to help themselves to my Chevy stereo system. Hertz 163 Front stage 6.5 Woofers gone, infinity 6.5 rear stage woofers gone. Head unit gone. Amps you guesses it, gone. So I need to fill the hole of my beloved hertz 6.5 with a close replacement. I believe they were 4ohm and 150rms. Opinions? For the rear I’m swapping in 8” woofers. Any opinions? And I’m gunna need an amp to power the system. Let me know what’s out there that you like. Thanks guys. Trying to make the best of a shitty situation.
Man, I'm really sorry to hear this ☹
How is your insurance situation ?
Hope most of that is covered.

As much as I love my current setup, I think if I somehow lost most or all of it, I'd probably take a step back, and design a whole new kind of setup from the ground up.

Like for one thing, I'd replace all 12 of my mids and highs with a pair of Stevens compression drivers. I'd cram the biggest, most sensitive pair of mid bass drivers I could fit in the doors... 12"s ?
And one very strong 18" subwoofer....
And I'd really love to cut a huge hole in my floor for a giant, true infinite baffle super sub to grab from about 9-30 hz 😉
Granted, if I worked hard enough, I could add a super sub like that to my current setup....

How happy were you with this setup ? Are you trying recreate it or step it up ???

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
I vote for a fire suppression system filled with pepper spray triggered by an alarm!
I was thinking installing a viper or cobra.

Then a mongoose to unlock it.

Especially if they know an even better system is replacing the old one.
Round two can be painful.

·
Registered
318 Posts
Sorry to hear you got violated.
A few weeks ago I heard there were cops all over hood (gated community). Lady walking her dog asked me what happened with the neighbor? I knew nothing. Talked to the neighbor and sone knucklehead rifled through their cars at 7:30am. They had him on video camera and called the cops. The CSU dusted for prints then they caught the douche bag on the other side if the neighborhood. Still sucks for you but at least they caught one. I still have the feeling he was looking to get my truck and had to settle since I was at work.

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
Holmz could get us an appropriate security snake. I hear Tiger snakes like cars so maybe you could send a baby one. :)

But sorry to hear about the theft. I rarely see mention on DIYMA of security systems and have often wonder if people even install security systems when they install fancy systems.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Police wouldn’t even come out! God forbid they actually do their job to protect and serve. And the asshole smoked in my truck as he went about ripping her apart and had the nerve to leave his fucking tool in the passenger side footwell! Insurance won’t cover it from auto or home owners. I’m less concerned about the price over the time to replace and install if anyone has seen my Silverado saga build. It now has video that alarms my phone. I won’t be calling the police and if he comes for round two I will without a second thought beat him to death. I was happy with the system before being it’s in a now desert truck. Speaker and amp recommendations?

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Holmz could get us an appropriate security snake. I hear Tiger snakes like cars so maybe you could send a baby one. :)
The problems with most Australian snakes is that they are too fast for the mongoose,

·
Premium Member
4,710 Posts
Police wouldn’t even come out! God forbid they actually do their job to protect and serve. And the asshole smoked in my truck as he went about ripping her apart and had the nerve to leave his fucking tool in the passenger side footwell! Insurance won’t cover it from auto or home owners. I’m less concerned about the price over the time to replace and install if anyone has seen my Silverado saga build. It now has video that alarms my phone. I won’t be calling the police and if he comes for round two I will without a second thought beat him to death. I was happy with the system before being it’s in a now desert truck. Speaker and amp recommendations?
What video system did you use?

·
Registered
2010 Silverado CC
201 Posts
There's still Polk D4000.4's on ebay for about $230, solid and good power.

SB17NRXC35 is a well known good performer in the budget 6.5" realm.

Peerless SLS 8 is one of the better low playing 8's for the dollars. Lotta umph but not really usable above 350hz.

Sorry about your stereo bud, that shit blows. Hope you weren't bumping in your hood, that's a good way to get a target on your back

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That’s the thing, I’ve never played it that anyone would notice nor would you think it even had a system looking at a desert truck! And it’s in a gated underground parking. So I think they got in and made the rounds and saw what I had and took advantage. Thanks for the input. I’ve heard Good things about the peerless 8’s

·
Registered
34 Posts
If you want the the same stuff up front you can get the hertz woofers from the 3 ways for less then 150 on ebay. there model number is hv165l assuming you had the hi energy set the energy ones are on there to and cheaper all new in box.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Bummer to hear that OP. I had a Viper DS4 system installed in my car. I feel safer from theft but I’m sure someone can still get what they want. I called my insurance company and had them add $4000 coverage Just for my stereo. It works out to about $7 a month if I remember correctly

·
Registered
1 Posts
W
Welcome to today's liberal society, according to them their entitled to at least 50 percent. You just need to pay your fair share of the burden. Obviously you didn't so they just took it. Sounds like liberal justice.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts