DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

Having an issue with my Viper 5706 where it will randomly activate, generally at night when it's cold, and it reports back to the remote that either:
1. Doors are open (hood/doors/hatch)
2. Panic was activated
3. Moon is full

When I use the SmartStart app (I have the cellular based SmartStart module) it reports that the doors are open, sometimes all 3 (hood, doors, hatch) and sometimes just one or two).

When the alarm goes off I can hit the unlock on the remote and it will shut off until it fires off again.

Lastly sometimes the alarm appears to be self locking as well.

In doing some research I've seen various "causes" around random alarm activation and most of these center on a door switch not working right, a loose wire on the alarm, or a wire grounding. However given the status messages I'm seeing on the remote and the app I'm thinking it's either one of three things (and I could be completely wrong and just assuming)
1. The brain is bad. The fact that it's sometimes reporting a panic activation or self locking might indicate this?
2. The DB3 module is bad and is receiving/sending bad OEM status codes back to the brain.
3. There's a wire short somewhere.... but it seems odd I'd see the variety of conditions I'm seeing if this was the case, such as the alarm self arming.

Anyone have any thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
What year/make/model of vehicle?
How long has the alarm been on the vehicle?
Who installed the alarm?
How are alarm connections made to vehicle wiring? Solder or some inferior method?

Nothing comes to mind for the Panic situation
How were the door triggers wired? Dome lamp/puddle light or individual door triggers?

Alarm could be set for passive arming. Check feature programming settings on alarm.

Yes.....the system could have a bad ground. One of the guys on here thought he had a good ground, then later found that the metal was coated with something that needed to be cleaned/stripped off. All his problems went away after that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello all,

Having an issue with my Viper 5706 where it will randomly activate, generally at night when it's cold, and it reports back to the remote that either:
2. Panic was activated
3. Moon is full

When I use the SmartStart app (I have the cellular based SmartStart module) it reports that the doors are open, sometimes all 3 (hood, doors, hatch) and sometimes just one or two).

When the alarm goes off I can hit the unlock on the remote and it will shut off until it fires off again.

Lastly sometimes the alarm appears to be self locking as well.

In doing some research I've seen various "causes" around random alarm activation and most of these center on a door switch not working right, a loose wire on the alarm, or a wire grounding. However given the status messages I'm seeing on the remote and the app I'm thinking it's either one of three things (and I could be completely wrong and just assuming)
1. The brain is bad. The fact that it's sometimes reporting a panic activation or self locking might indicate this?
2. The DB3 module is bad and is receiving/sending bad OEM status codes back to the brain.
3. There's a wire short somewhere.... but it seems odd I'd see the variety of conditions I'm seeing if this was the case, such as the alarm self arming.

Thanks!
I have the same problem

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello all,

2. Panic was activated
3. Moon is full

Did you ever resolve this issue?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts