DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I get a call from my buddy I installed a Viper Alarm for a year ago, he used it for 4 months then left the country for 6 months to do some contracting work. Came back last week and now his remote works after charging it back up he says but the display isn't working?

Think this could be a bad battery? Just trying to get ideas before he drives a few hours next week to me.

thank! :)

·
Registered
3,753 Posts
Bad installer? Just kidding I had viper before and
Same thing happend to me.

I was just kidding about the install part:)

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I haven't seen that issue with the new remotes yet, but that last generation of 2-way remotes were notorious for dying if left alone for 6 months at a time. I had several customers who went overseas for extended periods and they had a lot of remote failures if they left the batteries in. I would hope they had fixed this for the new rechargeable remotes but your post doesn't sound promising...

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tell him to unplug it hold down the f button then plug it back in. If it doesn't click back on keep holding it and unplug and plug back in one more time. I have had issues out of the box and this always works. As well as having people do the same thing. I had one guy buy a new remote from me after I explained how to do this and he couldn't figure it out. I took it home and tried it and bam clicked right on. Gl

·
Registered
239 Posts
Tell him to unplug it hold down the f button then plug it back in. If it doesn't click back on keep holding it and unplug and plug back in one more time. I have had issues out of the box and this always works. As well as having people do the same thing. I had one guy buy a new remote from me after I explained how to do this and he couldn't figure it out. I took it home and tried it and bam clicked right on. Gl
Did he ever give this a shot? It's worked every time for me.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So I get a call from my buddy I installed a Viper Alarm for a year ago, he used it for 4 months then left the country for 6 months to do some contracting work. Came back last week and now his remote works after charging it back up he says but the display isn't working?

Think this could be a bad battery? Just trying to get ideas before he drives a few hours next week to me.

thank! :)
He's lucky his car started. I have installed plenty viper alarms and they are known to drain batteries :(... The newer models don't have this issue though from reading forums.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts