DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got the Viper 5901 in several cars, and recently had one of my remotes quit working. No display, no charging indication. So, I opened it up, popped out that tiny little battery, and replaced it with one from a known-good remote. The remote itself works fine, but that LioN battery is not an off-the-shelf item.
Anyone know where I can find a replacement?
I contacted the battery manufacturer (Gold Peak Industries, here in sunny Hong Kong), but the battery is only supplied as an OEM item to Viper. Additionally, they have a charge circuit built into the battery, which is another obstacle in the way of trying to use a generic replacement.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, as those two-way remotes are pricey!

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have Clifford 50.7x, no issues with mine....yet. Can you take pictures of said battery? Part Number?

·
Registered
239 Posts
hold down the (F) button and then plug it in. if it doesnt turn on keep holding it and unplug and plug back in.... let me know if this works

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've got the Viper 5901 in several cars, and recently had one of my remotes quit working. No display, no charging indication. So, I opened it up, popped out that tiny little battery, and replaced it with one from a known-good remote. The remote itself works fine, but that LioN battery is not an off-the-shelf item.
Anyone know where I can find a replacement?
I contacted the battery manufacturer (Gold Peak Industries, here in sunny Hong Kong), but the battery is only supplied as an OEM item to Viper. Additionally, they have a charge circuit built into the battery, which is another obstacle in the way of trying to use a generic replacement.
Any info would be greatly appreciated, as those two-way remotes are pricey!
Hi, I have the similar issue. I have a Viper 5901 and the battery is almost dead. It is 3 1/2 years old. I need to charge it every two days. I would like to replace the battery. I found a person in ebay that replaces the battery for $30. Viper 7752V Responder 2 Way Supercode Remote Battery Replacement Service | eBay

If I found a replacement battery, I would prefer to do it my self. Let me know if you were able to replace the battery by yourself. Thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts