DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Yeah I think that’s what I’m trying to say lol. Again apologies for my total lack of knowledge on this. I put a brand new yellow top under the hood. So is that a normal thing for the voltage to be “12vdc stable” after installing the second battery?
Ah OK now this makes a little more sense. This is the reason you are seeing the voltage you are on the dash. Which BTW is normal even with one batt due to different charging cycles.

If you had a serious issue you would have dimming headlights or even worse. That said see the next paragraph below.

Hey I did some of that new fancy photo filtering of this pic because I wanted to see if that was a clamp around the black negative wire on your car. Lol I am old fashioned haaa.

Can you take a more clear pic of the area in the pic? I think that is a clamp around that cable.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bicycle part Power tool Gas

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
Yes that’s exactly what is happening! Is this normal?
If the batteries aren't being depleted, and in the absence of other symptoms that might point to a problem, I'd say yes. What you've described appears to be a product of normal charge cycles. Still, to be on the safe side, I'd keep monitoring the situation for awhile and keep an eye out for anything unusual.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts