DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my searches for a carputer recipe I've come across a lot of discussion about construction volume controls in the analog realm. What do all the high end HUs with digital outputs use for volume control? Certainly they do not adjust volume in the digital realm? Does anyone know?

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That HU can adjust the volume in the digital realm?
So then none of the commercial solutions are designed to attenuate volume by analog means?

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Heck man I don't think we'll ever know without a lot of research. For example, do we even know how good the built in digital filters are? They could very well use a low resource solution that introduces some distortion. When you build it yourself at least you know, well I don't have the processing power to run proper filters but I'll run this in 'economy' mode to get by for now. With the pre-packaged units it's a guess game.

·
Registered
311 Posts
That HU can adjust the volume in the digital realm?
So then none of the commercial solutions are designed to attenuate volume by analog means?
Not in the digital world, It will basically loop back to the deck from the output of the processor then back out to the amps. But all you will be using when you go back to the mcintosh is the TRUE analog volume knob. And thats the closest you will come to a headunit that can control volume.

Unless you use all digital amps :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts