21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,707 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Want to bump this thread with another new surprise from Microsoft.

My laptop recently updated to W10Pro build 1903 from 1803. This rendered any audio interface unusable - the built in speakers and mic are not even showing up in as available for troubleshooting. And again, UMIK-1 is non operational with REW. Upon start up of REW there is an Error message saying a whole bunch of stuff that is foreign to me but basically I think it is saying that it can not detect a sound interface.

I did a web search and found many others having audio issues after this update. There was a bunch of stuff to try to fix it but non of it worked for me. I ended up rolling back to the 1803 version of the OS and now everything works again.

:rolleyes::mad:

·
Registered
568 Posts
I've tried win 10 a few times and always revert back to 7. When they stop supporting 7 and goto a fee based system I'm probably gonna stop using windows all together. Microsoft is turning into Apple. Get you hooked and then drop the hammer. I've known drug dealers with better morals. Not to mention there stealing all your data like every company does now days. The internet and computer stuff just isn't fun when you don't own the hardware and software.

Sorry I wasn't any help. Glad you got it working. My brother has a umik 1 and win 10. He's not very computer savvy so I'm sure I'll be helping him w this issue soon.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Want to bump this thread with another new surprise from Microsoft.

My laptop recently updated to W10Pro build 1903 from 1803. This rendered any audio interface unusable - the built in speakers and mic are not even showing up in as available for troubleshooting. And again, UMIK-1 is non operational with REW. Upon start up of REW there is an Error message saying a whole bunch of stuff that is foreign to me but basically I think it is saying that it can not detect a sound interface.

I did a web search and found many others having audio issues after this update. There was a bunch of stuff to try to fix it but non of it worked for me. I ended up rolling back to the 1803 version of the OS and now everything works again.

:rolleyes::mad:
Well, my laptop was updated to W10 1093 once again and it still had the same issue... But this time I was able to fix it.

I had to go to Dells website (I'm using a Dell Latitude Ultrabook) and download updated "Realtek High Definition Audio" drivers and install them. Now all is working normal again.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts