DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Im shopping around for components right now but I think Ive limited my choices down to 2 drivers, The W18EX001 or the CA18RNX, with LPG 25nfa tweeters for both. Which one do u think is better since I cant listen to both of them? Do u think this is the right way to go or should i do something more fancy and go 3-way? Thanks

·
Registered
415 Posts
the LPG 25NA's arent known for their lowend extension.. and if you mate them with W18's then thats what youll need.. because the W18's are a hard coned driver, they dont have much internal dampening and resonate/breakup/ring at higher frequencies.

Since, you chose the LPG Fabric dome, im guessing you like a "warmer" sound.. so the CA18RNX might suit you perfectly.

3-way is a nice choice if you can handle it. youll need the processing power, extra channels of amplification, and some Golden Ears to tune it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
good answer! so alrite if I go 3-way I would buy a pair 8in peerless xls for midbass and a pair of midrage and tweeters(not decided, taking recommendation). The midbass would go in the stock speaker location, and the midrange and tweets go in the kick-panel, will i have staging problems? also will I be able to run all the proccesing of my headunit (9833). or would I need something else?

·
Registered
265 Posts
I'm currently running the 25nfa and the CA18RNX. I love them and would definately recommend them. A 3 way setup is expensive, if you don't tune it right, it may sound worse than a good 2 way setup.

If you stick with two way, you can avoid making kicks and keep your car looking a bit more stock. The down side is that the image staging won't be as good as having mids/tweets in kicks and midbass in the doors.

Either way, you have to remember to sound dampen your doors!
Especially if you go with the 8" peerless :)

You may also want to take a look at this thread if you haven't already done so:

http://diymobileaudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=45

Goodluck,

David

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Biggest difference is really the midrange. W18 is much cleaner in midrange, at least in the home/very good car install. That doesn't mean the CA18/L18 are slouches... in fact they're much better than alot of expensive retail stuff and I think for most people they would never know the difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.