DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 1514 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
being sensitive to our sins and repenting is what makes a true Christian. changing through repentance, correcting, and growing. growing and reaching new levels of awareness of our sins, constantly becoming even more sensitive. believe in Christ, trust in Christ, repent and correct.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anyone who has the right mind-set, the will power to focus on just Christ has all the power in the world to become successful. all Christ wants us to do is to stay focused on Him. you know when we do that, he takes care of us! i'm a witness to that!

i wont partake in any more political debates of any kind. i'm spending my time focusing on God my rock, my teacher, my guide, my everything....

with Him all things are possible. my life is full of joy and amazement. i feel increase everyday and it shows in my works. my faith shows in my works.

i'm here to tell you that my life has changed drastically, and God has been there for me every step of the way. He's been encouraging me to build my life on His promise and through trusting in Him.

I'm being showered with His blessings. i can tell He keeps encouraging me to get closer to Him

well, He comes through for my family and myself. my trust is in God, not man.

i pray for all of you to listen to me and to take the only path to righteousness. you do, God will take care of you, "no matter what happens in this world full of turmoil, sin, corruption, hopelessness, and fear!

i couldn't help but share the joy God is and has brought into my life and that of my family as well.
having God on my side, i can only be a winner. :) God bless you all.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
be seen a lot of you down the road. :) another two years or so, your mind-set will be in desperation. hopefully i'll still frequent these boards to talk to you about success, real success, the kind other men have no control of taking away.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Right on Paul Washer! I say if your going to be a Christian go balls out. I mean there is no such thing as moderate Christianity. How would that work? The god of the old testament is very serious, jealous and pissed off! We are only here on probation, so we better mind our p's and q's or we will be burned alive for eternity. No more R rated movies guys. That pisses him off :rolleyes:

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Caution: what you're about to read will probably offend you if you are religious.

Ok, simply, religion is for the weak-minded. I don't need a multi-thousand year old book full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy telling me how to live, act, and most importantly, to think. People that cling to religion, ANY religion are so incapable of individual thought that they are frozen into non-action. They sit around blaming god for them not getting a job, or a promotion, or whatever else while on the flip-side they praise him for ANY good thing that happens in their life. What ever happened to personal accountability and responsibility? People need to wake up, take some responsibility for their lives and get their shut together instead if waiting for some imaginary father-figure to decide it's time for them to succeed.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Caution: what you're about to read will probably offend you if you are religious.

Ok, simply, religion is for the weak-minded. I don't need a multi-thousand year old book full of inconsistencies and hypocrisy telling me how to live, act, and most importantly, to think. People that cling to religion, ANY religion are so incapable of individual thought that they are frozen into non-action. They sit around blaming god for them not getting a job, or a promotion, or whatever else while on the flip-side they praise him for ANY good thing that happens in their life. What ever happened to personal accountability and responsibility? People need to wake up, take some responsibility for their lives and get their shut together instead if waiting for some imaginary father-figure to decide it's time for them to succeed.
that's the thing, i take full responsibility for "all of my actions, and everything that occurs stemmed from those actions." by repenting, i'm being accountable for what i did wrong. and to truly repent, one must truly want to change their sinful nature in exchange for God's liking. for, none of us are perfect. it's a growing and bonding with the Lord Jesus thing. wanting and striving to become more like Him, being closer to Him and experiencing the growing peace and love He has for me.

i don't blame God for anything. you're not talking about me, cause everything you said in your post states nothing about my belief system, "at all."

someone who thinks they are saved no matter what they do, that is a person who takes no responsibility for their actions. they see no reason to change and grow. and that is the kind of person that feels no matter how bad they are, there are no consequences. so they do their best to hide their wrong doings and sweep then under the rug where others can't see.

and what do you mean, people who believe in God don't think for themselves and are weak minded in thought and frozen, so you say? please reflect your statement from what i just posted.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ditto, i am religious to the utmost, I am just not organized religious.

so your a nice guy to the core. being nice doesn't save you. your best work is like dirty filthy rags to God if you don't believe in Jesus and accept Him as your Lord an Savior. i'm not trying to discourage you from being nice. i'm just pointing out that no matter what you do, if you don't have Jesus as your Savior you and everything of and about you is lost and means nothing to God.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
the world has many religions,

some of them dont threaten an eternity of horrible pain if their conditions are not met.

my god loves unconditionally.
do you discipline your child when he does wrong? maybe a little too much, not enough, or not at all? just asking what your path of correcting your son is when he does something wrong he knew was wrong?

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
do you discipline your child when he does wrong? maybe a little too much, not enough, or not at all? just asking what your path of correcting your son is when he does something wrong he knew was wrong?
i wouldnt consider him wrong if he had trouble believing unconditionally in something/someone he'd never met.

in this modern world proof is the pudding.

no proof = open for debate.

debating is not wrong.

so i wouldnt burn him with my blow torch *FOREVER*

for having doubt.

:D

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
There's a HUGE difference between a correction and eternal damnation. If you can't see that, well, that's kind of the point.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
that's the thing, i take full responsibility for "all of my actions, and everything that occurs stemmed from those actions." by repenting, i'm being accountable for what i did wrong. and to truly repent, one must truly want to change their sinful nature in exchange for God's liking. for, none of us are perfect. it's a growing and bonding with the Lord Jesus thing. wanting and striving to become more like Him, being closer to Him and experiencing the growing peace and love He has for me.

i don't blame God for anything. you're not talking about me, cause everything you said in your post states nothing about my belief system, "at all."

someone who thinks they are saved no matter what they do, that is a person who takes no responsibility for their actions. they see no reason to change and grow. and that is the kind of person that feels no matter how bad they are, there are no consequences. so they do their best to hide their wrong doings and sweep then under the rug where others can't see.

and what do you mean, people who believe in God don't think for themselves and are weak minded in thought and frozen, so you say? please reflect your statement from what i just posted.
It wasn't aimed at you specifically, but here goes. When people live their lives trying to appease a god or follow some arbitrary rules in a book they are absolutely frozen in thought. These people are scared to make a decision because they expect their deity of choice to place things before them and guide their life. if something good happens, it was god's grace. If something bad happends it's god's will. Any time they are going to do anything they're thinking "WWJD". Fuck that, live your life.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It wasn't aimed at you specifically, but here goes. When people live their lives trying to appease a god or follow some arbitrary rules in a book they are absolutely frozen in thought. These people are scared to make a decision because they expect their deity of choice to place things before them and guide their life. if something good happens, it was god's grace. If something bad happends it's god's will. Any time they are going to do anything they're thinking "WWJD". Fuck that, live your life.
i follow what i believe is right and live to better myself "through Christ." nothing about that is being "frozen." i accept all things that happen to me as being God's graciousness. yes, that even goes for the parts of my life that aren't pleasant. why?... because it's through those challenges in life that help strengthen me in my faith and draw me closer to God.

see, you have me wrong if you are trying to depict my belief system from what you have seen in others or feel to believe as you see fit. i don't do what i see fit, or believe what i see fit. i do and believe what God sees fit.

i'm here to testify in front of everyone that God is a loving God, a God of purity and perfection. he has given me more in life than i ever thought i deserved or even imagined. knowing Him is an honor and it gives me great dignity to proclaim Him as part of my life.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Yes it is. You're basing how you act and how you treat people based on someone else's interpretation of what is right. That's not free thinking, it's letting yourself be told what to do, how to act, how to think. I used to hear people say "it's the christian thing to do" or I try to be a good christian" all the time when I lived in the south. That's exactly what I'm talking about. They're saying that their actions, thoughts, and words are being dictated by the bible. How is that NOT frozen? Can't swear, that's not christian. No sex before marriage, that's not christian. Can't use birth control, that's not christian. Can't think god didn't create the earth, that's not christian. Can't believe in evolution, that's not christian. Etc, etc. You can't even BEGIN to argue that religion DOESN'T bind thoughts, words, and actions because that's EXACTLY what religion is designed to do.

The part about it all being "god's plan" is my other point. You can't even be happy because you accomplished anything because you think you didn't actually do it. You think it was willed by god! Get a promotion, god's will. Graduate college, god's will. How can you find ANYTHING in life fulfilling it you think it's all because the man behind the green curtain is pulling the strings? Your beliefs as you've laid them out mean you're nothing but a puppet. Not living your life at all but simply a piece being moved around on the board of god's cosmic chutes and ladders.

As I said before, my original post was not directed at you specifically, but you chose to MAKE it about you. As you can also see, my points DO apply to you. Your last sentence just further proves my point. You don't earn anything, he bestows it. You don't deserve anything, he gifts it. That's no kind of life. I know I've worked my ass off and earned everything in my life. I don't sit back and wait for things to happen and you will NEVER hear me say I'm undeserving of ANYTHING. If I want something, I get it. I take control of my life and go after the things I want and things I think I deserve. I don't have an imaginary dad sitting in his La-Z-Boy doling out rewards and punishments in my life.

Argue it all you want, it won't change the fact that your life is being dictated by a book. The more you've argued it the more you prove it.

FYI, I'm catholic. I was where you are now for a very, very long time and I came to realize that spending my days in churches, praying, and worrying about every little thing I did so I wouldn't get a divine spanking was beyond absurd. If you TRULY believe in god then you'd have to also remember that he made us with free will. Why would someone create something with free will and then tell it how to exist? Just a tad hypocritical, don'tcha think?

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
I was raised Catholic in the Parish where Father Gilbert Gauthier was a priest. From watching all the lives shattered and one of my good friends having a mental breakdown in the 6th grade, one could say that I saw the extreme negative side to organized religion.

One good thing I can say about my father is that he is an atheist and he refused to so much as bring me to church, let along serve as an altar servant just to spite his extremely devout Catholic mother. By the time she and my grandfather were granted custody of me, I was too old to be an altar servant.

·
Registered
316 Posts
OP:

In the famous words of Gobber: " Go back to bed, ya overgrown sausage"

People in general really dont care about your salvation or lack thereof. Why is it that religious people feel that they have to throw that shit in everybody's face? If I feel I need saving, I sure as hell won't come to diyma for it. Nobody cares, really.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Am an atheist and when bad shit happens it happens because the science behind it caused it to happen not someone we have never seen or heard from.

Like when I broke my wrist, the way I fell off of the scaffold cause me to break my wrist. If I would had a better grip on that single ceiling wire I may had hold on to it just enought to land on my feet. But I didnt, I didnt have any grip on it and it slip from my hand and as soon as the scaffold tipped over I was next and my wrist hit the side rail of the scaffold. Thats why my arm/wrist is in a cast now.

Its not because I dont go to church or because I dont believe in god. But am pretty sure some god-believers will say something so rediculous as "may be if you would of gone to church like your suppost it, it wouldn't happen." or "if you believe in god he would of protected you from your injury". All I can say is "WOW, really, you really believe that?".

Then the second day of my cast, I got a flat tire. I said "what the fuck, I just had the tires rotated and balanced". So I took to PepBoys and they found a 5" metal rod (looked like a straw) that was hollow in the tire. So I guess god just stuck that in my tire for taking shit about him..... right? I dont think so, its because the dumpster that comes pick up the trash in the apartmentss where I stay just dumps the trash all around him and leaves debri on the street. Believing that happen because of my religious beliefs is just plain stupid and ignorant.

Sorry just keep it real.

Dont get me wrong, most of my family (well all of them besides me) believe in God/Jesus Chris/Virgin Mary/ and many others I dont know. Two of my sisters go to church on a regular basis. All the others are just believers without the need of going to church. But I never try to convert anyone into an atheist, but is funny how all the other religions of god seem to try to convert me.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
OH snap, I just watched the video and they forgot in the begging the part of "a rapist, a thieft, a child molester, a sick SOB" because thats what we will sooner or later find out about this guy. Right now his all holy and shit, but when he gets caught doing what he preached against, then we all see what he really is.

Also heard "the majority in this building will possibly be in hell". Just bust out laughing, can't help when a preacher says that, good way to scare the shit out of grown ass people. I wish I could say this to his face "I aint scare of going to hell or heaven, am not scare of the all mighty, am not scare of shit simply because I dont believe in your mumbo jumbo. If there is a god and I see him after I die the only thing I will say to him is this where the hell have you been we sure did need you on earth when all that bad shit happen."

Well I wouldnt say that to the all mighty but something like that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DER-xiSs0Us&list=FLzt6eviY1DGIb5gE1R9EcCA&index=49&feature=plpp

http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAmazingAtheist#p/u/11/lR72G8dRh4k

1 - 20 of 1514 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.