DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'ver never heard a "high fidelity"/ "SQ" build, and would really like to get an idea of what i should be shooting for. So, was wondering if there was anyone in southwest louisiana who would be willing to let me listen. I'm in lafayette, and willing to do a little traveling. thanks.

·
142 fastest gun in town
483 Posts
What you should be shooting for? Go to the "best" home a/v center you can find and listen to a well set up system with your own music. With the correct setup there will be only a small difference.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know what good audio sounds like. I've just never heard a car stereo system built with a sole purpose of sound quality on the level which it is here. Never heard a vehicle with sound deadened doors, or measured acoustics, or time aligned three way components, with processors and the such. I'm not sure of any other way to phrase that

·
142 fastest gun in town
483 Posts
What I am trying to say is...all that work, time aligned drivers, doors deadened etc is to get what you get in a properly set up home system. With your eyes shut it is very hard to tell the difference. Post up in 12 volt events. Start a local meet and see who will come and listen to what you can. Then plan to go to finals for USACI and just be blown away by what you will hear.

·
Blue Collar Audiophile
10,289 Posts
You up for driving to dfw?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts