DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been running horns for a while, but I'm tired of people constantly kicking them (including myself) and leg-room is horrible. I want to try ribbons but I don't know where I can put them because I have doorpods. Here are pics so you get an idea. (just imagine it without the horns in there)

If I could fit em in there somewhere, that'd be awesome. Otherwise, I'm thinking about selling my extremis' and getting something with a smaller mounting depth and putting em IB in the doors (extremis' can't fit IB), and then I could just put the ribbons on the floor (without doorpods blocking them). What do y'all think I should do?

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
why not glass in the corner area of your windshield?, since by the look of your nice pods you have the acumen

but rememebr they are close to 3.5" deep (the lcy ribbons)

how are those extremis drivers is my next question

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea I'm thinking the corner of the windshield would be my only viable option currently.

the extremis' are great. they have a ton of output and LFE is awesome. I could almost get away without a sub but for me they start to struggle sub-40ish. my pods are on the smaller side though.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Those pods look nice. Did you make them yourself? Are they sealed? I've been thinking of making some pods just like those for my car. Sorry this is off topic... hehe but it does look like the corner area of your windshield would be the place for some ribbons.

Ryan

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dude that's sweet! Yours look better though! =D How long did it take for you to make yours? I wish I had the time, patience, and the money...

Ryan

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Nice door pods. No clue where you could stick the ribbons... maybe if your dash was a bit deeper you could make dash pods. You could just try putting them in kicks, although it's hard to see if they'd be blocked by the door pods or not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
hcbassplay said:
Dude, talk about no leg room, I did an install in a good friends 2002 x-cab, I'm 6'4", I could barely get inside the thing to work. Door pods and ribbons, and legs? :eek:
it was hilarious when a 6'5" 220+ friend tried to get in. he had to hunch his back and get in the fetal position.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.