DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a 15" that will get really loud with my SoundQubed S1-1250 1250 watts RMS. I will spend up to $650. Do I need a bigger amp? I dont want to get a new alternator I have a 2016 Honda Civic EX-T. My 2008 Honda Accords lights werent dimming when the bass hit with that amp and a 4 channel amp that was 80 watts x 4 RMS. Help me find a sub guys

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Model some options up and then spend the rest of the budget on the big three and maybe another battery if you have voltage dropped.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Adire Tumult is at the top of your budget.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
GB4runner, I think the stereo integrity are more for home theater. Theyre asking for a tune of 22hz I think. I like the Adire audio MK 2.5 Rev A 15" Is this more of a SQL or SPL sub?

·
Registered
8,666 Posts
If I went with the stereo integrity it says 4.25ft3 ported tuned at 22hz. If I tuned it at 33hz could I shrink the box down to like 3.25ft3? SQL Series
That would be a question for Nick, also know that the SQL12 is on sale next week 20% off. I am not sure if the 15" is on sale.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
GB4runner, I think the stereo integrity are more for home theater. Theyre asking for a tune of 22hz I think. I like the Adire audio MK 2.5 Rev A 15" Is this more of a SQL or SPL sub?
Stereo Integrity SQL subs are specifically targeted at car audio.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I am leaning towards the Sundown U 15". Would this amp run it well? sundown-audio-sfb-1500d-monoblock-1500w-rms-class-d-amplifier- fullrange- full-range

Or does anyone have a better solution for this sub?

And why does the U 15" go in such a small box. Sundowns website says 3ft3 and tuned at 35hz. I was thinking 3.5ft3 tuned at 33hz. Check it out here for yourself:

I'd highly recommend the Stereo Integrity SQL 15 instead. On a somewhat related subject, Nick from SI and Jacob from Sundown are friends and they operate out of the same building, so you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
So do you think the SI 15" sub would be good in a 3.25ft3 enclosure tuned at 32hz? Nick said 31 or 32hz. Well I didnt catch his name actually is Nick the one I talked too maybe? I might be able to get 3.65ft3 actually. Would that be better than 3.25ft3 tuned at 32hz?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts