DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Wanting a good 15" up to $650.

16K views 119 replies 16 participants last post by  daloudin 
I didnt read all the responses but the answer is easy to me. SI SQL15. I have 3 of the 12s and they all have the low end extension of a 15 or 18, are so very accurate, super fast attack and decay, super musical and when you want you can really have fun with them. If I had the room I would get 15s hands down but for now my 12s replaced significantly more expensive 12" subs and are just so superior it hurts that a couple of those subs I paid over a grand each for and these $300 SQLs simply obliterate them.
PS, pretty sure hes running like a 15 or 20% sale on them at the moment.

What type of power do you have to them? I’m in the same boat as OP and am looking for 2 12” or 1-2 15” subs that are more SQ based but still get reasonably loud and low.

I will only be running about 1500-2000rms total so the posts above about the SQLs needing more power is a little worrisome. Otherwise I’d really consider 2 12s since they’re on sale. I’d be running a ported box tuned low 28-30hz ish.

Right now the Adire Brahama and Tumult’s are at the top of my list but the SQLs look great for a fraction of the price.
I am currently running them on 750 watts and they are nuts. Did send 1100 to one for a while without issue but that being said I am maybe using 1/10 of my power most of the time and they are very loud, deep and clean. You would be fine using a 250 watt amp or a 1500 watt amp. They are versatile enough to handle anything and after a solid 2-30 hours of break in we had to re-tune and attenuate the subs another 5 DB to blend them back in as they do get considerably more efficient once the spider is broken in.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.