DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
exact! - mobile audio-systeme

A lot of drivers from wavecor, finetuned for vehicle application...

I run the m182w with hx20t4 active on a mosconi as100.4 controlled by the P99 with amazing results..

Last month the m182w has been reviewed by car&hifi magazine and is said one of the best drivers they ever measured and heard...

·
Registered
632 Posts
Share your experience please...

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Share your experience please...
Will do, I just got them in today. I am needing to grab another Fountek 89 so I have 3 of those also. I am gonna install them all and see which ones I like better. I am assuming these since they have more top end, but we will see. I am trying to get these full ranges to play 250hz on up with something like a 48db slope on the low end.

·
Premium Member
4,428 Posts
Just from playing with them free-air, these little guys have alot of potential. The top end is amazing compared to other fullrange drivers I have here, even some coaxials I have that are 3.5". The midrange sounds alot like the FR89EX, which I think is the strong point of those drivers. This was just me testing free air off of headunit power, highpassed at 170hz, I couldnt get alot of volume out of them as the 170hz at 12db {i think its 12 db} is not enough of a crossover for them. They were pretty loud, but not as loud as I will try to run them in the car. I will also try them in tiny sealed enclosures in the dash once I get to getting them in the car. I will be running them all on the MS-8 channels. I was powering them with a kenwood HU that would let me highpass them, I did not mess with the 3 band eq much at all.

Here they are sitting next to the FR89EX

·
Registered
632 Posts
Check out my build of the vw caddy, there we have the exact drivers installed...

It's my first post on this forum..

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts