DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

41 - 59 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
297 Posts
Are you looking to read the post in reverse chronological order essentially? That function is currently not available, but the functionality to jump to the most recent comment is.

• Clicking the thread title will take you to where you left off, the 1st unread post.
  • Clicking the timestamp below the title will take you to the 1st post of the thread.
  • Clicking the timestamp above the last poster user takes you to the last (newest) post.
Let me know if that covers the functionality you're looking for or if you'd like us to develop something for you.

Gerrit
Hi Gerrit,

Thanks for the reply and the highlighted tips.

Yes, it was the reverse chronological order I was looking for... will try using the ways that you outlined and see how that goes

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'm actually pretty stoked about the new signature format Now it's up to me if I want to see the same system diagrams 10 times every page of a thread. I even visited the site AND posted 2 says in a row now. Keep up the good work.

·
Registered
383 Posts
@New Super Admin
1. Larger fonts make terrible use of my available screen space.
2. Colors are crappy, the shaded background before made it easy to read for long periods of time.
3. Why so few posts per page? Give us an option for 50 or 100 per page.
4. I read the site on an iPad (in landscape) and it seems like the right hand column is taking up too much of the screen. Maybe narrow it by 25% and see?
5. Is there an API that I could use to pull the content into something more readable?

·
Registered
366 Posts
^^Are you familiar with the Tapatalk app? Gives you access to many forums in a very readable, usable format. Much quicker that using the browser version of the forums...

·
Listener of Music
2,858 Posts
I'm actually pretty stoked about the new signature format Now it's up to me if I want to see the same system diagrams 10 times every page of a thread. I even visited the site AND posted 2 says in a row now. Keep up the good work.
You could always hide signatures. It was in your preferences just like it is now. It was just reversed as default.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Am I missing something, or has "search this thread" vanished? That was super useful, considering some of the threads are hundreds of pages long.

·
Administrator
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Highlighting a specific sentence for quoting is good info, thanks. How didn't understand my issue with signatures. The forum default should be to show everyone all signatures in full especially considering you now limit the size. We should then have the option to hide them.

Secondly you can not get rid of quoted images. So if someone had 10 pics and only 3 words I wanted to quote I couldn't delete the embedded images. You used to be able to.
Hmm, I have the functionality to just delete the line, alternatively you can highlight the 3 words if desired too. Does either of those functionalities work for you?

Am I missing something, or has "search this thread" vanished? That was super useful, considering some of the threads are hundreds of pages long.
This function is currently not available, but I have heard talks of this being potentially developed if the interest for it.

-Gerrit

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
This function is currently not available, but I have heard talks of this being potentially developed if the interest for it.
I use this quite a bit as when looking up concepts as they are pretty timeless yet some of the threads are quite long. So I really feel this is needed to get the most out of DIYMA.

·
Administrator
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
I use this quite a bit as when looking up concepts as they are pretty timeless yet some of the threads are quite long. So I really feel this is needed to get the most out of DIYMA.
I will pass this on to see how long the development team can map this out to completion. In the interim the function of Advanced Search does also grab results from within threads, and if you find yourself referencing one or two specific functions, you can also Bookmark them to find whenever you please.

If you need help figuring either of those functions out, let me know.

Gerrit

·
Listener of Music
2,858 Posts
Hmm, I have the functionality to just delete the line, alternatively you can highlight the 3 words if desired too. Does either of those functionalities work for you?
I can delete words in quotes, just not images. It's not a big deal since it's pretty easy now to grab just a few words to quote.

·
Administrator
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
FYI - Tapatalk post quoting and private messaging do not work since the software change...
Unfortunately, Tapatalk is a 3rd party app so not something we have a lot of from our end.

Is your Tapatalk app fully updated?

I will pass this information on to the team though.

- Cricket

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yes, my Tapatalk app if fully updated. It works fine with other Xenforo forums (other forums that recently updated to it), so it's kind of strange those functions don't work here. Never seen this issues after the other Xenforo switch-overs.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Any update on itrader feedback?

I know its not coming back (the exact same way) due to the lack of updates for the plugin and software incompatibility.

But is there an ETA on a newer version? Its really hurting the classifieds IMO. I have no idea of the people selling (unless they're DIYMA longtime users whom I know and trust).

·
Administrator
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #56

I know its not coming back (the exact same way) due to the lack of updates for the plugin and software incompatibility.

But is there an ETA on a newer version? Its really hurting the classifieds IMO. I have no idea of the people selling (unless they're DIYMA longtime users whom I know and trust).
I do not yet have an ETA on this. They are still working on a new platform for classifieds that will include this information.

When I have an update, I will definitely let y'all know.

- Cricket

·
Listener of Music
2,858 Posts
We are getting a ridiculous amount of space posts now. It did not happen before. Maybe because of less moderation no one is deleting them immediately. But it is horrible.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
T

This...

·
Premium Member
153 Posts
I'm lost, this look is just like the horrible enhanced mobile view I avoided at all costs..
this bites, I will not be donating/ upgrading membership again. I only come here reluctantly for classifieds now. (n)

41 - 59 of 59 Posts