Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ARPA (they design/produce Clarion/Arc amps) in taiwan...thanks

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Basically they are a build house, then you plop your sticker on there. I believe they dont sell to the general public...

·
Registered
113 Posts
you gotta prob buy them in HUGE bulk orders..damn cofounder of Zapco is in charge of stuff over thier, i wonder what products they make that we kno of

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
They are far bigger than your imagination will allow you to imagine;)

I would look elsewhere unless you have some very deep pockets.

Rick

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OgreDave said:
lol .. I take it some of you guys dunno about the Arc vs. Clarion stuff ..
Do you mean the Canadian Clarion or the Ubuy Clarion?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hey wow thats pretty awsome id say its worth a shot though sending them a question about it , what can it hurt. i can buy the same alarm as the viper 791 if i want to order 500 or more..... i found them over on a website in taiwan before and sent them a response. they got back to me right away but 500 pieces..... and they were not all that greatly priced albeit much better than dei......at cost

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah those APX1000.2 have the same internals as the 2500cxls--albeit a different heatsink (that supposedly didnt dissipate heat as well as the arc version)

Ive been trying to find one for years

heres a refurbed one pretty cheap

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=97

when you consider that its 1000-1200w class a/b @ 4ohm mono with similiar s/n specs as the earlier 2500cxl

not too bad of a deal huh :)

there are a ton of post over on eca on whether this relationship is true or not--you make the call :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
man i sold those in our shop a few years back...didnt think they were that great being clarion amps and all didnt know about the similarities though, but i had a few put aside for myself and i ended up selling them off. damn that sucks

·
Registered
556 Posts
i had a review of that clarion a wile back ill try to find,if i remember correctly it did in the mid 800,s 4 ohm bridged and at full pwr was very eff. for a class ab

·
Registered
728 Posts
Newtitan, that's a horrible price. I got mine for less off ebay .. then my roommate took it .. it's in his car on what's now his XXX. It's definitely a very nice amp. Can't complain at all about the price when they're occasionally found for less than $200.

I still have what was NPDang's / mmdb's, now mine DPX1000.2. It's the Arc 1500DR clone. Haven't really had a chance to play with it, but man it sounded pretty impressive full range on mmdb's TC2+ 8's in the door :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
oh wow that cheap?? WHOA

and I soooo wish I didnt sell those tc2 8's makes me sad everytime I see them mentioned

the guy i sold em to , blew them in 20 minutes ---sooo sad (found this out after I tried to buy them back)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.