2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For ARPA (they design/produce Clarion/Arc amps) in taiwan...thanks

·
Registered
696 Posts
xencloud said:
wow, that's some underground stuff right there, lol

where can you buy this stuff? What are the prices like?

Huh?

You can't buy their products directly. They are an electronics design and build house.

·
Registered
109 Posts
xencloud said:
well how come there's amps on there page under their own brand name, Ubuy? They must sell those somewhere......
They make it and a company puts their name on it.

·
Registered
757 Posts
so those models on their page are not for sale under ubuy? I thought maybe you could someohw get ur hands on some arc amps for cheap.....lol

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically they are a build house, then you plop your sticker on there. I believe they dont sell to the general public...

·
Registered
109 Posts
you gotta prob buy them in HUGE bulk orders..damn cofounder of Zapco is in charge of stuff over thier, i wonder what products they make that we kno of

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
They are far bigger than your imagination will allow you to imagine;)

I would look elsewhere unless you have some very deep pockets.

Rick

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
OgreDave said:
lol .. I take it some of you guys dunno about the Arc vs. Clarion stuff ..
Do you mean the Canadian Clarion or the Ubuy Clarion?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Ubuy Clarion vs Ubuy Arc

Some messy arguments / flaming over it .. but honestly, a picture is worth a thousand words .. wish I could find them right now :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
hey wow thats pretty awsome id say its worth a shot though sending them a question about it , what can it hurt. i can buy the same alarm as the viper 791 if i want to order 500 or more..... i found them over on a website in taiwan before and sent them a response. they got back to me right away but 500 pieces..... and they were not all that greatly priced albeit much better than dei......at cost

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
yeah those APX1000.2 have the same internals as the 2500cxls--albeit a different heatsink (that supposedly didnt dissipate heat as well as the arc version)

Ive been trying to find one for years

heres a refurbed one pretty cheap

http://www.techronics.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=97

when you consider that its 1000-1200w class a/b @ 4ohm mono with similiar s/n specs as the earlier 2500cxl

not too bad of a deal huh :)

there are a ton of post over on eca on whether this relationship is true or not--you make the call :)

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
man i sold those in our shop a few years back...didnt think they were that great being clarion amps and all didnt know about the similarities though, but i had a few put aside for myself and i ended up selling them off. damn that sucks

·
Registered
530 Posts
i had a review of that clarion a wile back ill try to find,if i remember correctly it did in the mid 800,s 4 ohm bridged and at full pwr was very eff. for a class ab

·
Registered
681 Posts
Newtitan, that's a horrible price. I got mine for less off ebay .. then my roommate took it .. it's in his car on what's now his XXX. It's definitely a very nice amp. Can't complain at all about the price when they're occasionally found for less than $200.

I still have what was NPDang's / mmdb's, now mine DPX1000.2. It's the Arc 1500DR clone. Haven't really had a chance to play with it, but man it sounded pretty impressive full range on mmdb's TC2+ 8's in the door :)

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
oh wow that cheap?? WHOA

and I soooo wish I didnt sell those tc2 8's makes me sad everytime I see them mentioned

the guy i sold em to , blew them in 20 minutes ---sooo sad (found this out after I tried to buy them back)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts