DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #161
I can see there were more than one component changed, but any chance the signal source could be your issue? I know you mentioned it's a digital output but a defective source could be the issue you're chasing. Sorry if you've already tried, but another digital source to rule it out?
It's a good point and I do have another Fiio to test this... Thanks!

Actually, I did have an issue once that had similarities to my current one, where the sound would distort at a higher volume and I figure out it was a defective coax cable from the DAP to the DSP. I swapped the coax cable and the issue was gone. Not sure why it sounded fine while the volume was at moderate levels and not at higher levels, but that's what it was...

This damn hobby of ours... I love it, but now and then it really makes me mad! Lol

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Well, now the noise is completely gone because I turned the gains down, but output is also not that great...
Turned the amp gain or the one in the director?
Or both?

You could the amp gain pots up at least on the MR/MB and tweeter.
They should b loud and without the noise, if the noise was caused by the sub amp???

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had similar problem before....what ever what kind of songs you play, the annoying "click / pop" sound suddenly came out... I suspicious that it was caused by the ground issue...I tried to change source, amp (temporary ofcuz!) but no luck at all.

At last I decided to rearrange all the RCA cables which solved the problem. The key is don't let any (or most) of them contact with each other.

My setup is SP2000 --usb spdif--> Weiss int204 --coax--> Brax DSP --RCA--> AMPS. In addition, I have the SR Ground box which all equipments are attached to it.

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
Discussion Starter #164
Just to add the final page to this book:

IT SEEMS, the cause of the distortion was simply the gains being a little high on the bass amp which put it really close to distortion levels and the loud recordings pushed it into clipping. Again, the noise did go away when I turned the bass amp's gain down.
I also believe the GB12s were under powered, but I don't know if there is any audible noise that would come from that... Or if the noise was sort of a "running out of steam".

Now, with the Mmats, there is zero distortion and I have much more output.

What I can't explain is why the noise was a higher frequency crackling sound that seemed to come from the tweeters... But I am moving on from this issue and gonna start tuning with the new amps. I am quite surprised and VERY happy with how much better the sound is with these Mmats!

·
Premium Member
3,350 Posts
Just to add the final page to this book:

IT SEEMS, the cause of the distortion was simply the gains being a little high on the bass amp which put it really close to distortion levels and the loud recordings pushed it into clipping. Again, the noise did go away when I turned the bass amp's gain down.
I also believe the GB12s were under powered, but I don't know if there is any audible noise that would come from that... Or if the noise was sort of a "running out of steam".

Now, with the Mmats, there is zero distortion and I have much more output.

What I can't explain is why the noise was a higher frequency crackling sound that seemed to come from the tweeters... But I am moving on from this issue and gonna start tuning with the new amps. I am quite surprised and VERY happy with how much better the sound is with these Mmats!
It is perplexing how the bass could be making the tweeters crackle, but there is some pragmatic success in the system now sounding like it should.

Since you installs and workman ship are above par then hopefully we will see it in another post.

161 - 165 of 165 Posts