DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so a couple months ago i had the Pioneer 4300dvd radio put in my truck and had no problems with it, and last night i was putting in some subs 2 ( 10" ) Type R's with a kenwood 1000w amp, i had everything hooked up and had everything working for about a half hour....then this started happening. the amp would shut off and my stock speakers would start fading out and eventually they would go to no sound what so ever. when i removed the remote wire from the HU i would get all the sound back in my stock speakers. but the secound i put the remote wire back on they would fade and go away again. i had my HU professionally installed amd they had the remote wire from the HU connected to something already so i just spliced into that. what did i do wrong, what would that remote wire be hooked upto already, and what can i do to fix this problem?
Thanks for looking and i hope someone can help me get this figured out!!!!

·
Registered
161 Posts
You could be overpowering the remote wire and the radio is shutting down because of that. I think they are only rated for 3ma. They could have it turning on a factory amp or something of the sort. Try jumping the power of the amp to the remote wire to turn it on and see if everything stays working.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Take a small piece of wire and screw it in with the power wire and then over to the remote input on the amp. Be careful with it though because that wire will be hot at all times. That will kick your amp on so you can see if over drawing the radio is your issue then we can go from there.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright i did that and everything worked awesome. so what can i do to fix this without the amp being on at all times?

·
Registered
161 Posts
Going to need to wire in a relay. Basically a relay uses a small current to control a larger one. They are pretty simple really. Here's a diagram. I would wire this behind your dash and hook up both remote wires to it. You can buy a standard relay at any parts store.

85 - Remote from radio
86 - Ground
30 - 12v
87 - Remote to amps

1 - 6 of 6 Posts