DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to DIY Mobile Audio. DIYMA has quickly become one of the most informative sites on the internet for car audio enthusiasts. Now that you’ve found your way here, we, as the DIYMA community, would like to lay down a few ground rules for behavior, and etiquette.

1. Be mature. DIYMA is not a forum designed around the pursuit of annoying your neighbors, or those unfortunate enough to be stuck next to you at a stop light. Nobody here cares how cool you think you are, or how hard your subwoofers hit.

2. Be respectful. DIYMA is very fortunate to have many, many industry professionals, audio experts from various fields, and even many non-biased vendors looking to impart knowledge, even if it doesn’t lead to a sale. Being respectful doesn’t necessarily mean bowing down to such individuals, but calling people names, and generally being snotty will quickly get you on the list of individuals these people will ignore.

3. Be self-reliant. There’s a VERY good chance any question you have has already been addressed on the forum somewhere. Try doing a specific search for your topic. Be DILIGENT. Don’t just give up because your search yielded 200 results. Try refining your search, or even better, read through many of the threads. You may actually learn something relevant to your question. This bullet can’t be stressed enough. It’s very hard for the experts on this forum to weed through a slew of inane questions about which subwoofer hits harder to find actual relevant, good questions.

4. Be prepared to think critically. There’s a good chance that if you’ve been involved in car audio for more than 2 days, you’ve probably been inundated with so many myths Zeus himself would be proud. Much of what we do around here is debunking these myths. Be prepared to be challenged.

5. Be open minded. This goes with bullet four. There’s a difference between arguing because you’re stubborn, and arguing because you want somebody to be more clear on a topic. If somebody is saying something that goes against what you’ve been told in the past, then by all means ask for clarification. Telling somebody they are flat out wrong because your second cousin, that’s installed at least 5 stereos says something different is just being stubborn and ignorant.

Lastly, the DIY in DIYMA stands for DO IT YOURSELF. This goes for using the search button as well as taking a chance and trying a new speaker. Expecting somebody to just “tell” you the answer is not what this forum stands for. It’s about your personal exploration into car audio, and audio in general.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Is it possible for this to open up (like a popup) before anyone that is new here makes there first post or that they have to read it upon setting up an account? If people followed these very rules this site would go back to being an amazing site not just a good site with great info that you have to weed through BS to find.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
I would consider myself a "NOOB" and must say, very well written and explained. I do hope that everyone else here will be more respectful to the masters of audio and take their advice instead of arguing like I have seen. As stated, just because your cousin installed 5 radios and says those speakers down at Piney's Flea Mall hit so hard your eyeballs bleed, that is not what this site is about. I have learned a lot just from my few weeks on here, it has become a daily addiction of mine to log on here and see what has been reviewed recently. Or how to get better, cleaner sound, versus that annoying boomy trunk rattle of the 85 Caprice sitting next to you at the light.

·
Premium Member
2,676 Posts
This thread has just been added to the MUST READ list for new members.
Any time a new members signes up, they will have to first visit this thread prior to posting in any other thread.

This is a new mod so I am not all that familiar with how it works.
Hopfully it will not force everyone to read it.
We will see.

ANT

·
Registered
784 Posts
Well written, and good to see it's gone out to everyone not just the new members, I think everyone can do with a reminder once in awhile.

·
Administrator
17,766 Posts
why was i directed to read this
This thread has just been added to the MUST READ list for new members.
Any time a new members signes up, they will have to first visit this thread prior to posting in any other thread.

This is a new mod so I am not all that familiar with how it works.
Hopfully it will not force everyone to read it.
We will see.

ANT
you just pushed this out to everyone just so you know. I tried to view a thread and it poped up a message saying I had to review this thread.
Asked and answered.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts