DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I told myself I was never going to sell this one and that it was the last amp I was going to buy...well.....that was before I screwed up a couple of other areas and also had to buy wifes birthday present ....

Since I need more power I just cant hold on to this one as much as I hate it...

its mint....has all new capacitors .....and Burr Brown upgrade ......well worth over $150 for that alone....in labor and parts...

amp works excellent and looks like new...I dont have original box or manual but hey...your getting a better than original amp....

I have pics but dont have time to re-post them here....do a search for me and you will find the post of it when I got it 2 weeks ago....

I really hate it but I must downscale the dollars I have in my system

$300 shipped Phoenix Gold MS275 white

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
666 Posts
hell-of-a-deal on one of the all time greats right here! i prefer the first gen. grey models, but thats just aesthetics. this thing looks super clean. and im sure it sounds as good as it looks.

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dont need another amp.:D
Have a pair of BA Pro 60 mids only ,cheap if intrested.

what are you offering...? exactly....as I could use some better mids...but not in a hurry ....

·
Registered
318 Posts
I've got a pair of Mpyre 65M's i'd be willing to trade+cash.

PM me if interested.

·
Registered
519 Posts

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha....

supposed to increase the sound quality it the amp...they are the DACs in the amp...digital to analog converters...

this one has 3 of them .......I have seen them with my own eyes

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GOOD LORD JAX, NOT AGAIN !!!!

Kevin....we had this discussion yesterday....haha....I cant afford to have a room full of amps like some people....and I have to raise some funds for car part upgrades....

So I had to buy them Xtants and get rid of this PG ......spreading the funds a little thinner..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I know the capacitators dry out after a while, but what does the James Brown upgrade do for me again? :D
dry out? I dont know but they do leak out and catch fire or eat up the circuit board sometimes.....or they swell up and leak out...but anyhow...they go bad ..yes

·
Registered
751 Posts
how much powa is it Jax?

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here is what the published specs were...expect a little more as all high level PG stuff put out a little more power.....

I really wanted more power just because of the way my system is set up..I need a little more headroom...prefer not to stress any amp so more is better.....that and also I must go cheaper so I can get my sub back in...and I have already gotten the cheaper alternative so I cant just keep this one...and your not going to find one like this even if new it doesnt have the better parts ..

Into 4 ohms @I 12/13.8V DC.. .............. . ............ .75/100 WRMS

Into 2 ohms @ 12/13.8V DC.. ......................... .125/140 WRMS

Bridged Into 4 ohms.. ............................................. ,225 WRMS

THD at rated power into 4fi ...................................................... ~0.02%

SMPTE at rated power into 4R ................................................. .<0.05%

DIM at rated power into 4fi.. .................................................... co.01 %

Frequency response.. .......................................... ,15Hz to 20KHz +I dB

Signal to Noise Ratio ......................................... > 1 OOdB (20 to 20KHz)

Input Sensitivity ................................................................ ,200mV to 2V

Input Impedance ......................................................................... .l OKR

Idle Current .................................................................................. .I .5A

Current Consumption - Full Power Hard C/@:

MS275: @ 4 ohm stereo ................................................................. 25A

@ 2 ohm stereo ................................................................. 45A

@ 2 ohms stereo, 4Q mono (TRI-LINEARTM mode) ......... ...60A

Efficiency ............................................................ > 80% (Power Supply)

Damping Factor (@I 40Hz into 4R) ........................................... ,250 to 1

Min to Max Voltage requirements ................................ 10.2 to 15.5V DC

Dimensions .............................................. .8.5in I_ x 11 .4in W x 2.4in H

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
drying out is not the real problem..other than amp will not work....

I have seen dozens of pics where caps leaked out and caught the amp on fire...or ate the board up beyond repair...

if it was just a matter of amp not working would be one thing but its more a factor of being a hazard to amp and the owner...

so any amp that is older than 10 yrs is coming up on the need to check stage..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
drying out is not the real problem..other than amp will not work....

I have seen dozens of pics where caps leaked out and caught the amp on fire...or ate the board up beyond repair...

if it was just a matter of amp not working would be one thing but its more a factor of being a hazard to amp and the owner...

so any amp that is older than 10 yrs is coming up on the need to check stage..

·
Registered
4,103 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
:laugh:

It's in such great condition jax, that's a good price.

thanks....and it sucks to let it go...but I got other things I need as well......and I have no buyer for my kidney so I got to do it..

1 - 20 of 45 Posts